Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #3 (Beta 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, my unit is all messed up now - all my presets sound like they're overloaded running through a pitch-shifted flanger. Will try to re-apply it.
Looks like the update has messed with the state of the CS1 control switch, which in my presets is turning on some artificial feedback with the pitch block, hence the sound. The preset is loading up with CS1 enabled - which it wasn't before.

Also my cab block change IR's on some of my settings. When I change to a preset the save button light comes on, looked at the IR's the number move down one. Example: User 8 was change to User 7.

Last edited:
That FAS Express is a good time. It is very responsive to controls on the guitar. Sounds great.

Just updated. I know it's probably placebo/confirmation bias, but I thought 11.01 sounded better...and I immediately think beta 3 sounds better again. The punch and fullness feels like it's back.

Preset/scene changes with almost no latency and no drop-outs when Axe-Edit is active. Long awaited. Preamp modeling sounds better to me with 11.02 beta 1 ...

Yes, I was really enjoying the clarity and snap from the previous beta. If there's a way to get that back...

I know, spent three days on my presets and now its all changed. I'm going to leave it alone for now and see what happens. Also all my Cab IR's have moved down one number

As well as my 12 going blank, the AXE itself lost all my presets, yet the AXE-Preset MGR in the Tool tab showed them all. Going back to 11.01 didn't fix it, but going back to 11.02 V1 did. Backing everything up now, but WTF!

As well as my 12 going blank, the AXE itself lost all my presets, yet the AXE-Preset MGR in the Tool tab showed them all. Going back to 11.01 didn't fix it, but going back to 11.02 V1 did. Backing everything up now, but WTF!

Do a reboot, FW refresh then click on the FC controller tab.... mine started reading all of the names and everything is fine with mine.

Looks like the update has messed with the state of the CS1 control switch, which in my presets is turning on some artificial feedback with the pitch block, hence the sound. The preset is loading up with CS1 enabled - which it wasn't before.
I am still having preset issues with this one - it's either something with the CS1 state or the state of my Filter 2 block coming on when the preset is loaded when it shouldn't. Between that and liking the snap of Beta #2, I've gone back to that and have no issues. Until I have time to play with it more and can learn more about the preamp modeling in Beta 1 compared to Beta 2 I'm sticking with the prior beta for the moment.

But appreciate the constant innovation! The FAS Express sounds cool. And looking forward to the new flanger engine.

No idea if it's placebo or not but I think it sounds better than the last beta. I also thought things were a bit brighter with the last update although it wasn't bad. It seems a bit quieter and maybe more compressed but on my high gain patch that was nice. Will play more in a bit. Thanks Cliff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom