Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 17.00 Public Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the delayed chirp to go away for a while and recorded these samples but now it's back. Maybe a bug? First section no full-res, second full res minus 7 dB and final section full res at unity

What am I supposed to be listening for? All I hear in the last two samples is more room.

No, it's something else because the artefacts are still there when shortening the FullRes IRs to 256.

Okay, when I Mute or Solo any of the two FullRes IRs the two trailing artefacts disappear...

It kind of sounds like cymbals in my example
I hear it. It sounds like a slinky spring vibrating - all high pitched noise. Would be easier to demo if you just played brief chords - the style of recording yek and I posted makes it easier to hear.

Those FullRes IRs have around 9 ms of "delay". So you're going to get a slap-back effect if they're mixed high. Look at the traces on the Align page.

This is because the mic was around 8-9 ft. from the speaker.
The chirp delay is way more than 9ms, I'd say around half second.
You can even see a small peak on the "waveform" of soundcloud in this post:
Any idea how to get rid of the weird afternote "Cheeee". It stops occurring if I change the two Fullres IRs to Ultrares IRs. I initially thought it was birds chirping outside my window

Just tried it, very cool! Different than using a room reverb in the reverb block, for sure. I'm not hearing any weird artifacts on mine.

EDIT: I'm hearing those artifacts now. I tried changing to a blank IR slot in cabs 3 and 4, then back again, but the artifacts are still there. That delayed chirping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom