Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.01

Yes I’ve noticed mine now makes a DUUUurrrrrrrrrr sound through my CLR when I power the AxeFX off.
I've noticed the same thing through my studio monitors when I cycle power to the AxeFX III, where-as before, it was completely silent.
I don't believe I've changed any settings on my other hardware or software. It's not extreme, but it's definitely there.

Not related to this firmware: I have a footswitch extension cord that I use to turn my monitors off and on. I sit down I stomp on it with my foot. This is for my computer, for my rig I have a sequenced power strip with a footswitch on it (Rockn Stompn RS4).

Related to this firmware: Sounds great!

I power everything off at once through my power conditioner, and I have no pops at all. For what it's worth I'm using Yamaha hs8's and the Yamaha sub, with a Mark II

Is this one of those firmwares where I should reset the amp block in my presets? My presets were made using 14.x

Nope -unless a specific amp is mentioned in release notes, you don’t need to reset the amps on a firmware update.

A few recent ones that I reset were Uberschall and JMP-1...

I've noticed the same thing through my studio monitors when I cycle power to the AxeFX III, where-as before, it was completely silent.
I don't believe I've changed any settings on my other hardware or software. It's not extreme, but it's definitely there.

On flipping power on, I have heard a short burst of audio coming through the AxeFX3 prior to the boot sequence (which mutes audio). This is new as of 15.01

strange

The Axe specifically has a feature where it safely powers on and off so you don't need it to be the last on/first off. It's that feature starting to act a bit weirder which is what people are posting about.
Hi, what feature is that? Never heard of it before

It's pretty much impossible to not have some small pop when turning on and off gear. My new model Matrix GT-1000 with pop suppression, pops through my speakers every time it turns on or off.

It's probably a certain combination of gear thing. I try to follow the "last on, first off" rule with my CLR, but if I don't, I don't get anything loud enough to hear in anything but a very quiet environment.

I noticed the pop in FW14 for the first time, and got in the habit of turning off the power amp first. It’s a lighter thud in 15.01 for me. Still try to power off the amp first, common practice anyway.

15.01 is amazing though. I got my AXE3 in 2018, and sold a bunch of amps and my Helix a few months after. It’s only gotten better since. 15.01 is amazing. Just sold my last tube amp today, and have the rest of my analog pedals up for sale too.

Back
Top Bottom