Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.05

@FractalAudio Experiencing a bug when I bypass or enable a block on the unit itself: it doesn't light up or turn off graphically on the display until I move the curser off the block.

Also, pitch block can become latent like a slapback delay initially, but after switching types a few times it'll sync back up and become normal. Once its synced back up, switching back to the original type that was latent will sound normal and in-sync again.

That improved tube grid thingy...it's some dirt in the mids, right? Less polished, more bumble buzz rasping?
I think what you're referring to actually hit with 12.09, at least that's when I noticed an addition of hi-mids raspiness. I do a lot of ambient guitar stuff, and it's really evident in dissonant notes and reverb/delay trails. What I hear with the last FW is that it's a little more musical.

@FractalAudio Experiencing a bug when I bypass or enable a block on the unit itself: it doesn't light up or turn off graphically on the display until I move the curser off the block.

Also, pitch block can become latent like a slapback delay initially, but after switching types a few times it'll sync back up and become normal. Once its synced back up, switching back to the original type that was latent will sound normal and in-sync again.

I experienced a similar thing. Block bypass states are not updated when changing scenes in the zoomed out mode of the layout view. This affects all presets and persisted even after a full reboot of the hardware.

Is there a bug with Spdif in this update?

I've got an extremely loud hiss being sent to my audio interface which I can't seem to get rid of.
If your interface is set as the master clock source (with AxeFx as slave) and you don't turn both units on, then there will be a loud hiss because the Axe isn't syncing to any clock source.
If only one unit is on at any given time, then that particular unit must be set to 'Internal' clock source.
If both are on, then one has to be set to Internal while other is set to external clock source.

Last edited:
The Spawn Q-Rod OD1-1 is just sounding so lush with my Tele! It's my dream Plexi with a completely different logo! :):)

To be fair, I never really used it much before this FW, so I don't know if it is a result of the FW or I just missed it all this time.

I think I found a little glitch, even though this might have been there prior to this firmware.
If the amp block bypass mode is set to "thru", when I bypass/activate the block there's a volume burst that lasts a few milliseconds

Last edited:
yes , I am having the same type of problem
Since I discovered this, I performed a few tests. I backed up individual banks and tried to restore back, but it failed. I backed up, then wiped out all the banks on the new MKII, and tried to restore them, but it failed. Whatever banks are backed up on the MKII cannot be restored back.
I backed up a bank from my old AXE FXIII and it will successfully restore to any bank. After confirming from support that the latest available banks for download are the same as the ones that come with the MKII, I downloaded them and they will restore successfully.
The only difference I see on the new MKII, besides the advertised upgrades, is the unit's USB version is newer than the latest one on the old FXIII and available for download. However I did not change that for fear of causing a bigger issue.

Since I discovered this, I performed a few tests. I backed up individual banks and tried to restore back, but it failed. I backed up, then wiped out all the banks on the new MKII, and tried to restore them, but it failed. Whatever banks are backed up on the MKII cannot be restored back.
I backed up a bank from my old AXE FXIII and it will successfully restore to any bank. After confirming from support that the latest available banks for download are the same as the ones that come with the MKII, I downloaded them and they will restore successfully.
The only difference I see on the new MKII, besides the advertised upgrades, is the unit's USB version is newer than the latest one on the old FXIII and available for download. However I did not change that for fear of causing a bigger issue.
I will look into this.

Don't know if it's really a bug, but the metronome behaves strangely. Doesn't really change volume or very late...

Ok. Hard to put it in words. For sure a dynamic texture, no plain EQ.
Yes. Texture. Just dug out the Trick or Treat preset yesterday that @2112 shared, and dialed in the sounds to taste. Found that punching the BandCommander in the nose with the Compulsion drive (set up as a drive, high-volume boost) and pushing it over into a bit of output overdrive really sounds and feels most excellent now. Great for a clean-ish lead with my Strat.

I think I found a little glitch, even though this might have been there prior to this firmware.
If the amp block bypass mode is set to "thru", when I bypass/activate the block there's a volume burst that lasts a few milliseconds
I use a EV2 as a global volume. I always start up my AxeIII with the volume off, 0% on my pedal. Since the update I get that millisecond volume burst at startup. I wasn’t getting it before.

I'm getting crackles/glitches with AMP 2 in attached preset (maybe every 10 second or so, sometimes more often, sometimes less). As soon as I switch to scene 2 (which bypasses AMP 2 and un-bypasses AMP 1, which uses the same setting as AMP 2), the crackles are gone. Anyone else or is it just me? (EDIT: When I switch off the AXE and turn it back on, it usually takes a minute or so before the glitches start again, but eventually this is 100% reproducible here. No high CPU load, it's around 30%) Links to Audio examples (first: Scene 1, second: Scene 2):

Attachments

• Glitch.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I'm getting crackles/glitches with AMP 2 in attached preset (maybe every 10 second or so, sometimes more often, sometimes less). As soon as I switch to scene 2 (which bypasses AMP 2 and un-bypasses AMP 1, which uses the same setting as AMP 2), the crackles are gone. Anyone else or is it just me? (EDIT: When I switch off the AXE and turn it back on, it usually takes a minute or so before the glitches start again, but eventually this is 100% reproducible here. No high CPU load, it's around 30%) Links to Audio examples (first: Scene 1, second: Scene 2):

I can't reproduce it here but I suspect it might be all those modifiers connected to control switches. Try removing the modifiers and see if the problem goes away.

Has anyone tried a preset bank restore on the MKII, that was backed up from same? I can restore any backup made on my MKI to my MKII. However any backup made on the MKII fails to restore. The progress bar moves for a couple of seconds and then disappears back to the backup screen.
Works fine here. You need to be in "Send Mode" to send a backup. Click the "Send Mode" button, browse for the bank file and the press "Begin".

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom