Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.06

I was obviously having a silly 5 minutes there suggesting using axe edit :)

I had a spare 5 mins before work - the issue is caused by having the tuner mapped to a hold function on the FC - I've found the following:

If I use a dedicated switch on the FC6 to turn the tuner on and off (tap), it works as it did in earlier FW versions and I can change scene and the tuner will remain persistent. No double tapping required to change scenes.

If the tuner is configured on a button as a hold function with the tap being a scene, that button will require a double tap to access the scene it is mapped to, and the tuner will no longer be persistent. The first tap turns off the tuner and the second tap changes the scene.

This leads me to believe that there is a bug as the tuner should require a hold to be turned off, rather than a tap as it has been configured to a hold function.

I have not tested other hold configurations but can do later if it helps. It could be that this issue impacts the hold FC programming for other functions and not just tuner.

I can perform more testing with screenshots later if it helps
Hmmm.. there's something wrong I think.
I just tried on my unit, I have the tuner assigned to the hold function of footswitch #5 and when the tuner is engaged I can still change scenes, the other swiches work normally.
I can turn off the tuner only by tapping footswitch #5 and I think this is how it should work.

It seems like we have two competing ideals: Some of us want the tuner to exist the moment we interact with anything else so we don't need to specifically exit the tuner to get back to playing, and some of us want to be able to hop scenes and toggle things while muted in the tuner, and then manually disable it. My understanding is the last update was supposed to change the behaviour from the second to the first.

Back
Top Bottom