Axe-Fx III Firmware 27.00 Public Beta #7

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/27p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_27p00_beta7.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Amp block preamp algorithms, especially for amps with multiple gain stages. Tones are “gutsier” and have a more dynamic response with more “pop”. Also improves accuracy when input of Amp block is driven by a Drive pedal (whether real or virtual).

Improved cathode follower algorithm improves accuracy near onset of clipping. This results in warmer tones at edge-of-breakup and better cleanup when rolling off the volume knob (for amps that use a cathode follower). Due to the new algorithm the Grid Clipping parameter has been removed.

New power amp algorithm. New algorithm more accurately models bias excursion and duty cycle modulation. The results in more complex tone with better, punchier feel.

Added “Envelope Filter” to Filter block. This is based on the classic Mutron effect with some modern touches:

• The start and stop frequencies are freely assignable. Start can be lower or higher than stop. Simply set Start Freq higher than Stop Freq to sweep down.
  • The Sweep Shape knob controls the mapping of the detector to the filter frequency. A value of 0.0 is a linear mapping (like the original). Negative values yield anti-log behavior and positive values yield log behavior allowing fine-tuning of the filter behavior in response to the envelope.
  • The detector attack and release times are programmable. Default values match the original pedal.
  • The detector source is selectable between the block input or any of the hardware inputs. This allows placing the filter after an Amp or Drive block but using the instrument input as the source.
  • A detector meter facilitates easy adjustment of the detector sensitivity to match your guitar and playing dynamics.
Improved tuner. New algorithm is faster and more accurate.

Added Crossfade Time control to Crystal Echoes type in Pitch Block.

Improved pitch shifting.

Reduced CPU usage of Wah block slightly.

Remastered Vibrato Lux model.

Added date and time to version information returned to Axe-Edit. This obviates the need to “Refresh After New Firmware” if updating from beta releases (requires updated Axe-Edit).

Fixed wrong capacitor value in Band-Commander model.

Fixed missing PI grid stopper resistor in Comet 60 and Comet Concourse models.

Various other fixes and improvements.

I hear a slight delay between playing the strings and the sound from the Axe FX when using the Virtual Capo. Is this possible, or could it be something on my end? But thanks for the great update!

BTW, im using the Jazz 120 in my preset

REALLY looking forward to trying the new Mutron - I used to love Awah FX, but I was never able to make one in the Axe that made me truly happy.

Getting some pretty gnarly latency from the Virtual Capo, seems like it's ok in some presets but really laggy in others.

I have a Pitch Block in Wes Hauch's preset, it's only going down a halfstep but the latency is way slower than it ever was before. (50% CPU)

On the 'Gilmour Strat' preset, I had a Whammy in the preset originally, I replaced it with the Virtual Capo and without even adjusting the pitch the latency was there. (58% CPU)

Attachments

• Hauch.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Gilmour Strat.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
Getting some pretty gnarly latency from the Virtual Capo, seems like it's ok in some presets but really laggy in others.

I have a Pitch Block in Wes Hauch's preset, it's only going down a halfstep but the latency is way slower than it ever was before. (50% CPU)

On the 'Gilmour Strat' preset, I had a Whammy in the preset originally, I replaced it with the Virtual Capo and without even adjusting the pitch the latency was there. (58% CPU)
I got the same thing

Back
Top Bottom