Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.04 Release

Nope, gain is the same.

This is what I read in the JVM410H manual:

"OD1 GREEN MODE: This is very similar to the hot-rodded JCM800 sound found incrunch red mode, allowing you to dial-in two distinctly different yet similar crunch sounds if you so wish - one in each channel."

"OD2 CHANNEL

This channel is similar to the OD1 channel
but with even more gain and a slightly
different tone network with the middle
control shifted down to being centred
around 500hz instead of the more typical
Marshall value of 650hz. The result is 3
high gain modes that are ideal for both lead
and modern rhythm metal tones."

If you perceive the gain to the be same, then that also indicates that there might be something for FAS to look at, that either the physical amp might have a problem or the model.

The only difference should be the frequency range of the mid pots. That said, because of that difference in range you can end up with more or less of certain mids between the two which you could perceive as a difference in gain (the same way scooped sounds seem higher gain then very mid forward sounds which feel dryer).

Yeah, I was wondering about that at first, but the manual reads that OD2 does have more gain.

Why would he hide the comment? Seems disingenuous.
No hiding of comments on my end! From what I've gathered, if you post a link in a comment on YouTube, it gets flagged by YouTube because they don't want people leaving the site and going elsewhere. It is similar to how if you post a link on an Instagram comment, you can't click it to go to that external page.

I think that's where the confusion is coming from. There's nothing that is held for review in my YouTube studio page, nor do I have any unanswered comments for that video either. In fact I encourage comments, feedback, and open discussion on my channel. It's a great way to learn from other users who may not be present on the FB groups or Forum here. I also reply to every possible comment and have yet to see anyone mention anything besides "I agree" or "User error", without mentioning what the error is.

Always open to suggestions and feedback :)

Last edited:
He has Pitch Tracking set to "Fast" which is intended for single note leads. Set Pitch Tracking to "Smooth" when playing chords.

In my tests our pitch shifting is superior to every other hardware modeler I've tested.
Hey Cliff! Zack here, thank you for the advice, I will try this on the road this weekend and see how it goes. I've had a few people in the comment section of the video say that I should try that approach instead.

If what I'm reading on this forum is correct, "Fast" is more of a "Mono" mode, and then "Smooth" would be more of a "Poly" mode? I've been under the assumption that fast had the quickest tracking and therefore lowest latency, and smooth was a bit more refined but had higher latency. Despite both of them technically having both monophonic and polyphonic applications and working for both, perhaps just a bit more clarification is all.

I just wanted to demonstrate the results I've been getting and by sharing them I could gather more insight and points of view!!! Nothing negative was meant by it and I still praised the unit at the end like I do in the other dozen Fractal videos I enjoy producing. It's a brilliant piece of gear and I always look forward to the next update and every small change adds up over time.

Thanks for addressing this man, I appreciate it.

No hiding of comments on my end! From what I've gathered, if you post a link in a comment on YouTube, it gets flagged by YouTube because they don't want people leaving the site and going elsewhere period kind similar to how if you post a link on an Instagram comment, you can't click it to go to that external page. I think that's where the confusion is coming from. There's nothing that is held for review in my YouTube studio page, nor do I have any unanswered comments for that video either.
Youtube studio has a setting for that (settings->community-block links), links in comments are probably blocked on your channel (I think that's the default) so they don't appear at all, if you allow them they will be held for review.

Last edited:
Youtube studio has a setting for that (settings->community-block links), links in comments are probably blocked on your channel (I think that's the default) so they don't appear at all, if you allow them they will be held for review.
Ah I found it, thanks for pointing that out. Yeah it's turned off, and I think it's best to prevent spam and those telegram scams that are going around. Plus it prevents bots from linking third-party sites in your videos like the big Finance channels have; it's a huge problem for them where 1/2 the comments are phishing scams for investments. Scary world out there these days!! Happy I found this thread though once someone sent it in a private message otherwise I wouldn't have seen it at all.

Hey Cliff! Zack here, thank you for the advice, I will try this on the road this weekend and see how it goes. I've had a few people in the comment section of the video say that I should try that approach instead.

If what I'm reading on this forum is correct, "Fast" is more of a "Mono" mode, and then "Smooth" would be more of a "Poly" mode? I've been under the assumption that fast had the quickest tracking and therefore lowest latency, and smooth was a bit more refined but had higher latency. Despite both of them technically having both monophonic and polyphonic applications and working for both, perhaps just a bit more clarification is all.

I just wanted to demonstrate the results I've been getting and by sharing them I could gather more insight and points of view!!! Nothing negative was meant by it and I still praised the unit at the end like I do in the other dozen Fractal videos I enjoy producing. It's a brilliant piece of gear and I always look forward to the next update and every small change adds up over time.

Thanks for addressing this man, I appreciate it.
Yes, "Smooth" is Poly and "Fast" is Mono.

Back
Top Bottom