Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.04 Release

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/25p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_25p04.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Fixed Per-preset switches with "Preset" functions now correctly trigger Layout Links in all cases: tap/hold, normal/stand-in.

Thank you for this update, just updated (after backing up). I think I've found a bug on the stand-in switches:

I have 4 external buttons (Mosky Dual Switches) that I have setup as follows in the pics below. The HOLD functions still work, but the TAP functions no longer work after the update. I have checked my FC Controller settings (which don't change) and they still seem set up properly from inception. Pls advise?

I've attached my system backup too.

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 83
  • PXL_20240530_190201839.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240530_190201839.MP.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 77
  • III-240530-131527-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 6
I have 4 external buttons (Mosky Dual Switches) that I have setup as follows in the pics below. The HOLD functions still work, but the TAP functions no longer work
@nojyeloot I verified your bug report and also reproduced it after performing Reset System Parameters.

Summary: The TAP function of external stand-in switches does not work while there is a HOLD function. If you assign a HOLD function, it works, but the TAP function still does not.

Last edited:
Well this will be the first time I have skipped a FW (skipped 25.03 but will install this 25.04)! Thanks FAS team and braintrust for the continued march to excellence and perfection!!

@nojyeloot I verified your bug report and also reproduced it after performing Reset System Parameters.

Summary: The TAP function of external stand-in switches does not work while there is a HOLD function. If you assign a HOLD function, it works, but the TAP function still does not.
TY, sir. Grateful for the response.

I’m so glad I found Fractal Audio. Thanks Cliff, your never ending pursuit of perfection is inspiring.
Pauly
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/25p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_25p04.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved cathode follower algorithm. This results in a more open and dynamic response for models that use a cathode follower.

Updated Plexi 100W and 1959SLP models. A soft reset of the Amp block is required to load the new default values.

Updated phase inverter parameters for many amp models.

Fixed Per-preset switches with "Preset" functions now correctly trigger Layout Links in all cases: tap/hold, normal/stand-in.

I'm still at 24.04 as I have been quite busy. I'd like to join the bandwagon and install 25.04 - but just wanted some clarification.

I have a user preset of the JP2C that is one of my favorites. I just need to know if my Output EQ 5 BAND {MARK} settings will be wiped out (and other settings in my AMP block) by the install?

I'm still at 24.04 as I have been quite busy. I'd like to join the bandwagon and install 25.04 - but just wanted some clarification.

I have a user preset of the JP2C that is one of my favorites. I just need to know if my Output EQ 5 BAND {MARK} settings will be wiped out (and other settings in my AMP block) by the install?
New “Cygnus X-3” amp modeling:
• Improved preamp algorithms.
• Improved power amp algorithms.
• Improved output transformer loss modeling.
• Improved preamp supply voltage modeling.
• Nearly all amp models have been “remastered” as a result of new measurement techniques and
analytical methods.
As a consequence of the new modeling many default parameter values have been changed. Existing
presets are automatically updated to the new parameter values upon recall. The updated parameters
are:
• Preamp Low Cut Freq
• Preamp Hi Cut Freq
• Triode1/2 Plate Frequency
• All Cathode Follower parameters
• Preamp Bias
• Preamp Bias Excursion
• PI Bias Excursion
• Power Tube Bias Excursion
• Transformer LF/HF
• Transformer Drive
• Power Tube Grid Bias
• Cathode Resistance
• Cathode Time Constant
• Negative Feedback
• Supply Sag

a bunch will change. i'd do a full back up and maybe write down or screenshot some of your most important settings like the GEQ.

the goal of the modeling update is to improve the sound by changing the default parameters. i would give it a try with your GEQ and see how it sounds.

Here's a little trip through a few of my favourites to celebrate. Drive channels will change depending on the Scene. Most of the other blocks are Channel A affairs. Rock on and thanks again, Cliff!

Attachments

• 76 Uxbridge Road 25.04.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 91
Excuse my misunderstanding, but do we have to make soft reset to all amps or only to these two modified:
"Updated Plexi 100W and 1959SLP models. A soft reset of the Amp block is required to load the new default values."?
Never ending progress to perfection. Thank you for all your relentless work FAS and to one and only developer. :)

Back
Top Bottom