Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how stable this beta is, shouldn’t we have a full-blown firmware released yet? Perhaps there are more things being done for the full release? I’m guessing this is one of the longer gaps we’ve seen between a single public beta and a full fw?

P.S. - not questioning or complaining or whining or anything; just a tad curious about why no full fw yet!

Considering how stable this beta is, shouldn’t we have a full-blown firmware released yet? Perhaps there are more things being done for the full release? I’m guessing this is one of the longer gaps we’ve seen between a single public beta and a full fw?

P.S. - not questioning or complaining or whining or anything; just a tad curious about why no full fw yet!
major change. lots of testing.

No. From the Blocks Guide:
I figured we still had a MV pot nevertheless, like in Ideal mode. I'm not using these things enough...
If we do, this correction would be possible if needed, but the whole thing would not be intended behavior...

If it was unintentional it'd be called "a bug" and he'd fix it.
That's only if he was aware... It's a recent remark re. this beta.
This thread is meant to make him aware of potential problems (yes, it is ;) )

Of course, I too suspect this wouldn't have escaped anyone, but worth a mention just in case...

I primarily use the Fender amps as well, and like my clean channel clean. I feel way more punch and early crunch. I went through and adjusted them somewhat. I turned on the low cut in the amp block and lowered the gain down a little to help roll off some lows and crunch. I may try a different cab block, since I'm using a Fender cab block. But it does sound great. As far as high gain I lowered the gain to 8, from my normal 10 and master volume down to 9.5, and it got rid of my annoying oomph.

You never know what Cliff's cooking up back there though...

I have maybe just a question with the fenders in the axe : why did they “crunch ” that quick ?
I have played maybe 10 différents real fender combos and the tone was always super clean, I think I never heard some overdrive in their clean channel. In the axe you need to put the settings very down to have a very clean tone .

Maybe because you can practice with your band with the master a 2 or 3 in a real fender and never go more than that before being deaf or fired from the band ?

Thinking of the bassman ‘59 reissue that I have played daily for years in the shop back in the day. The tone was very clean, and in the axe it is quickly more crunchy . Don’t know, just a note. Maybe I will check that again tomorrow
I had a 71 silverface and it had a master volume and boy that amp was clean at high volumes.
I set the Master Volume at around 9….sounded good. :)

Maybe because you can practice with your band with the master a 2 or 3 in a real fender and never go more than that before being deaf or fired from the band ?

Thinking of the bassman ‘59 reissue that I have played daily for years in the shop back in the day. The tone was very clean, and in the axe it is quickly more crunchy . Don’t know, just a note. Maybe I will check that again tomorrow
The default Gain value is 5 (after reset), and so already past that "clean" (and deafening) point for many Fender amps IRL.

Last edited:
Most Fender amps don't have master volumes, instead they have individual channel volumes. The "Master Volume" is hard-wired at 10 internally. This is similar to the models; the Master Volume is set to 10 and should be left there if you want an accurate representation of the amp. Master Volume in the Amp Block page in the Wiki has a lot of information about what it's doing.

https://www.singlecoil.com/docs/magic-six.pdf is interesting reading too.

Later, larger, silver panel, '70s ones eventually got a MV knob.

before you know there'd possibly be another beta update with some more unexpected cool stuff, in addition to fixes from this beta.

We dont know what Cliff is Chasing.

Generally this quietness is always before something good to come. but theres already enough ofcourse.

Of the Fender amps modeled in the current generation of Fractals, how many have a master volume? From my checking there's just one.

Later Fender amps bowed to the trend and added masters, but as far as the modelers are concerned they're non-starters it'd seem.

Yeah, when you look at the general trend of which amps people want the most from the Fender line, the '70s MV amps aren't at the top of the list. Even lower, the UL ones, which combined the negative feedback around the PI and output section with UL screen connection. Either alone is good, but the two together didn't win them many fans....

I always have that feeling with the Axe: fender amps start to break a lot earlier than the real ones.
And before anyone asks: I've played and owned a lot of them (vintage and modern ones). My main amp since 15 years ago is a brown panel vibroverb replica and have a lot more clean headroom than most modeled fenders even with my Les Paul (Duncan Antiquity)

I have maybe just a question with the fenders in the axe : why did they “crunch ” that quick ?
I have played maybe 10 différents real fender combos and the tone was always super clean, I think I never heard some overdrive in their clean channel. In the axe you need to put the settings very down to have a very clean tone .

I always have had hat feeling with the Axe: fender amps start to break a lot earlier than the real ones.
I remembered Cliff saying something about the Bias and found the quote here. I think this may be the contributing factor:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-combo-at-the-same-volume.173053/post-2095077
Turn the Power Tube Bias down. That controls the shape of the response. Fenders are notoriously biased cold whereas the models are biased warm). Then read my thread on Why Your Amp Doesn't Sound Like Our Amp.

Here's the post he refers to at the end:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/why-your-amp-doesnt-sound-like-our-amp.172907/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom