Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup? :)
ok,, I've been living on this software for 13 days now....It's great Love the changes.

I'm kinda confused about why so many are confused about being confused about resetting the amps.:rolleyes: Pretty straight forward in the instructions,, at least to me. Thanks Cliff , Keep kicking assšŸ¤˜

MOSHON
DAVE

I don't play metal...so I don't know about the high gain stuff, but there's definitely an improvement in the EOB amps. The differentiation of each amp is more pronounced...there's more mid range kerang. The Chieftain is probably a good example - it could be painful before...huge on the bottom and top...now it's controllable and infinitely more usable.

Can we get a Laurel Canyon :)

im definitely not an expert when it comes to the power of the FXIII, but Iā€™ve been successful following comment #27 by @Greg Ferguson. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s the fastest way but it works effectively.

Last edited:
since there doesn't seem to be any/many bugs reported I'm assuming official release will be soon. I'm still on 24.05. I wasn't in any rush to update as I am pretty happy with my presets in 24.05 but its inevitable.

Yes as I said in the first page, the difference is that the high gain are more blurry (confirmed and explained by Fractal audio) and you have less high end globally . So you have to re-tight your tone a little if you donā€™t like that blurry thing.
If you donā€™t do nothing and use your old preset, it will be less defined than before (to me, maybe some guy will like that) thatā€™s why to me this update is not a tone improvement, but after some tweaks you find the tone you like back, thatā€™s all that matters .

would you say it's a tone authenticity update?
Maybe. If they have changed that, it is for authenticity probably. Most of the real heads needs to be tighten up with an od, for modern metal things. But with the previous big firmware, it was like you didnā€™t need to boost your amp anymore, many boost were removed cause the tone was tighter. With this one you need to re activate the ods. For now I speak for high gain only, cause I have only done that. But the other half of my presets will be all the fender, vox,Marshallā€¦ light gain stuff, bass too, and I will see how it is different with non-metal things .

I've gigged the new firmware twice - sounds awesome, no issues. I've reset some amps, left others. If you select a preset and it sounds good, play. If you think it needs some adjustment, reset the amp, tweak and play. That's it.

After the show last night, people thought it sounded killer and believe it or not, no one asked me about my grid bias setting (although I have been raising it for some extra fun).

lol. Never gets old.
ā€œYou, pick up that blood.ā€
lol - so many great and timeless quotes:

• "so I got that goin for me ... which is nice".
  • "cannonball it!, cannon ball comin!"
  • "looks good on you tho"
  • "be the ball"
  • "right in the lumberyard"
  • "thank you very little"
  • "don't sell yourself short, your a tremendous slouch"
  • "gophers ya great git, not golfers"
  • "you mustv bin somethin before electricity"
  • "au revoir, gophere"
  • "what about my asthma?" - "I'll give ya asthma"
  • "oh golly, I'm hot t'day!"
  • "two wrongs don't make a right, but 3 rights make a left"
  • "well, the world needs ditch diggers too"
  • "cinderella boy, tears in his eyes'
  • "big hitter the Lama, long"
  • "hey Lama, how bout a little somethin, ya know, fur de effort"

I could go on all day - there's 100s

and before someone calls me out for being off topic: after 25 pages of "reset talk", I claim precedence.:p

Last edited:
lol - so many great and timeless quotes:

• "so I got that goin for me ... which is nice".
  • "cannonball it!, cannon ball comin!"
  • "looks good on you tho"
  • "be the ball"
  • "right in the lumberyard"
  • "thank you very little"
  • "don't sell yourself short, your a tremendous slouch"
  • "gophers ya great git, not golfers"
  • "you mustv bin somethin before electricity"
  • "au revoir, gophere"
  • "what about my asthma?" - "I'll give ya asthma"
  • "oh golly, I'm hot t'day!"
  • "two wrongs don't make a right, but 3 rights make a left"
  • "well, the world needs ditch diggers too"
  • "cinderella boy, tears in his eyes'
  • "big hitter the Lama, long"
  • "hey Lama, how bout a little somethin, ya know, fur de effort"

I could go on all day - there's 100s

and before someone calls me out for being off topic: after 25 pages of "reset talk", I claim precedence.:p
  • You'll get nothing and like it
  • No I'm not grandpa I'm playing tennis
  • What kind of shit is this
  • It's the best man

You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body.
I feel like a hundred dollars.
We have a pond in the back. We have a pool and a pond... Pond'd be good for you.
The Zen philosopher, Basho, once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.' He was a funny guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom