Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are extensive instructions for hard/soft resets on presets after a firmware update, but are there any easy ways to reset amp settings when saved in the user library? I've been working my way way through the various amp models and saving interesting starting points in the library, with the thought being that I'd start focusing on setting up presets after getting a feel for the type of amps I gravitate toward. My assumption is that settings saved via the library don't allow for easy resetting as with presets, and that I'll just need to screenshot/use Fractool to manually copy over settings of interest (luckily I've mostly just been tweaking bass/mid/treb/pres/depth) but I wanted to check first before undertaking a big project if there's a way to save myself some manual labor.
I didn't see any answers to this part of this post, how to reset items saved in your block library. Did I miss something?

I strongly suspect that's because it can't be done. You have to recall each one, reset it, redo any settings you had customized and want to keep, and save it to your library again, one saved block at a time.

Right? Not a super enticing prospect.

Luckily for me, I don't tend to save amp blocks in my library, those would usually just be in whole saved presets, with corresponding cab blocks and any pre and post processing.

Last edited:
Hi Guys see a lot of the amp reset does that go for effects Reverb Delay etc. or it doesnt matter for effects only amps ? thanks much

Ouch. There has to be a better way.
Up until now I thought a block save was just a .txt file that only listed the parameters needed to be modified. Live and learn I guess. I have historic block saves from years ago along with those generously supplied by other users. Not just amps.
This is going to be a chore.

Up until now I thought a block save was just a .txt file that only listed the parameters needed to be modified.
That's what a block file is essentially: the settings for the block. Not text, SysEx, and it's all the settings for every parameter in the block (plus controller assignments).

Taken in context with this firmware release though, those settings may no longer sound the way you want them to sound.

Ouch. There has to be a better way.
Up until now I thought a block save was just a .txt file that only listed the parameters needed to be modified. Live and learn I guess. I have historic block saves from years ago along with those generously supplied by other users. Not just amps.
This is going to be a chore.
Save as new name in library. Yes it’ll probably take a while.

Save as new name in library. Yes it’ll probably take a while.
Ya. I'll wait until the non beta public release and get busy. New naming conventions going forward starting with the version number.
Hundreds to update including the gift of tones from Vai, Petrucci and Mr. Alex Lifeson.

Cliff outlines most of it in the first post. Previously created presets will need to have the amp block refreshed to re-read the new parameters. If you are creating a brand new preset within fw25 then no, you don't need to refresh it.
sorry if its already answerd but I dont have to refresh the presets if i reinstall it but i only have to refresh if its already installed?

sorry if its already answerd but I dont have to refresh the presets if i reinstall it but i only have to refresh if its already installed?
You have to refresh should reset anything created before this firmware update.

If you load a previously created preset it will have settings from the firmware it was created under.

Edit:

Updated for clarity

Last edited:
You have to refresh anything created before this firmware update.

If you load a previously created preset it will have settings from the firmware it was created under.
what will happen if I dont refresh the older fw?
for refresh you meant reset amp block?

what will happen if I dont refresh the older fw?
for refresh you meant reset amp block?
Yes, I meant reset.

The answer is the same as before: you won't get the updated settings.

This is all pretty simple and I feel you may be overthinking it.

ANY preset created before this firmware needs that Amp block reset IF you want the benefit of the changes. If not, they will still work fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom