Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be great if there was a way to view a different preset while editing one. This is a clear situation where that would be very helpful.
I'm not thinking about reverting to some prior version. Just want to see what my settings were before doing a full reset of the amp block.
Snapshots will let you do that if the first snapshot is taken before resetting the block.

My alternative is copying the originals to a separate area, resetting one batch, then bouncing back and forth between them using Control/Command and clicking on the Preset button to cycle between the recently viewed presets. Using a soft-reset retains the tone settings if the modeler is set to Ideal, so I found most of my presets needed little adjusting tweaks and then I copied them back.

I can closely match my actual cab by adjusting the speaker impedance parameters with the same amp settings.
Above 15kHz Fractal drops fast, I don't know how important it is to the sound but I wish it would match at least up to 15kHz.
That's with Xformer Hi Freq raised to 40kHz, still needs more above 10k.

View attachment 137013
Most people over 30 can’t hear above 15K anyway…

I have redo 30 high gain amps blocks from scratch today. I want to die .
🤣
I will redo all my presets, i am obliged to do it, some boost pedal need to be changed now, this and that. If you change firmware with the same presets It don’t sound good now.

My happy customers can drink a beer while I am redoing everything and send them for free when the firmware will not be in beta anymore. This is a part of what they paid for. But yeah the road is long.

I have tried the master bias excursion thing but no, this is not what I am doing. You have to re eq - re gain everything

I can closely match my actual cab by adjusting the speaker impedance parameters with the same amp settings.
Above 15kHz Fractal drops fast, I don't know how important it is to the sound but I wish it would match at least up to 15kHz.

View attachment 137013
Could have something to do with aliasing? To make sure it doesn’t cause aliasing.

View attachment 137013
Interesting! Compared to your cab the Fractal curve seems to be voiced much darker. It drops pretty significantly from 5k upwards.

I have redo 30 high gain amps blocks from scratch today. I want to die .
🤣
I will redo all my presets, i am obliged to do it, some boost pedal need to be changed now, this and that. If you change firmware with the same presets It don’t sound good now.

My happy customers can drink a beer while I am redoing everything and send them for free when the firmware will not be in beta anymore. This is a part of what they paid for. But yeah the road is long.

I have tried the master bias excursion thing but no, this is not what I am doing. You have to re eq - re gain everything
I didnt do any changes to my fw24 preset in my last clip, sounds fine to me. I rarely tweak after fw updates. This being an overhaul its worth doing.

View attachment 137013
Something wrong in your audio setup. Something is putting a brick-wall filter at 20kHz. Inexpensive audio interfaces will often do this on digital inputs.

View attachment 137013

My results using an RME Fireface UFX:

sv20h_vs_model.PNG

3dB point is around 18kHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom