Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely understand why you would post this.
But there have been 15 new Axe-III firmwares since the large fonts debuted on the FM9.
It shouldn't be this hard to simply want to see your presets on stage.
Should we just be quiet and not say anything? Does that help anyone?
I'm happy for you that you are getting the features you want. I hope everyone does.
It was all in jest. 😀

"Shame and ridicule..." LOVE it ! Hahahaha ! ( and he's talking about the major core updates, not just the small incremental updates )

But seriously, the feel is much more immediate, spongier, and my HBE reacts the way a cranked amp would, with palm mutes and pinched harmonics...

It is most likely going to change your presets, so make copies of your presets and soft reset the copies... compare, adapt, adjust, and overcome, or revert to the firmware of your choice...

I think Supply Sag is a little high on Plexi 1970, Plexi 100W, and 1959SLP, sounds like an octaver effect when playing B3 notes.

Reference amp does the same thing. That's a ghost note. On our reference amp the B+ is 490V. At full power B+ drops to 370V (!).

You can reduce Supply Sag or change the Supply Type to DC to reduce the ghost note. Or increase B+ Time Constant to reduce the supply ripple.

Every amp was measured for quiescent B+ vs. full-power B+. Supply Sag was then calibrated to give the equivalent sag.

I just compared my 100W Plexi to the model w/ a sine wave generator and the actual amp has slightly more prominent ghost notes. Probably because the filter caps are old. As capacitors age their capacitance decreases and, hence, the B+ time constant decreases thereby increasing supply ripple. Time for a cap job.

I just compared my 100W Plexi to the model w/ a sine wave generator and the actual amp has slightly more prominent ghost notes. Probably because the filter caps are old. As capacitors age their capacitance decreases and, hence, the B+ time constant decreases thereby increasing supply ripple. Time for a cap job.
Fascinating. I always love reading about the science behind this stuff.

Reference amp does the same thing. That's a ghost note. On our reference amp the B+ is 490V. At full power B+ drops to 370V (!).

You can reduce Supply Sag or change the Supply Type to DC to reduce the ghost note. Or increase B+ Time Constant to reduce the supply ripple.

Every amp was measured for quiescent B+ vs. full-power B+. Supply Sag was then calibrated to give the equivalent sag.
This exactly why I am a long time Fractal user. You are very impressive @FractalAudio with both your knowledge of amps and the ability yo reproduce all the subtleties of real amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom