Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, perhaps someone has noticed that in this thread but when i switch to the tuner (output set to mute) the feedback of the delays(repeats) stay. I have tried different presets for the same result. Don't have hear that on the beta #1

Hi, perhaps someone has noticed that in this thread but when i switch to the tuner (output set to mute) the feedback of the delays(repeats) stay. I have tried different presets for the same result. Don't have hear that on the beta #1
Turn off spillover?

I haven’t updated my Axe III with recent firmwares yet because I’ve been recording my album and didn’t want to have to mess with my current tones (which I’m happy with). Plus, I don’t beta test.
I really want to catch up with the latest goodies soon, but the one thing I’ve seen mentioned a few times with the Cygnus X-3 that I don’t like the ‘sound’ of is… blurry. I don’t mind a little BMT & presence adjustments, and I don’t tweak the advanced parameters… but I wonder how much might change, and how much tweaking I might find myself doing. I made a few dozen presets going from clean to mean. But I’m also all for Cliff giving us the most authentic representation of the amps.

I don’t like the ‘sound’ of is… blurry.
Don’t get turned off by all the weird adjectives. I know it’s subjective, but from what I hear, the clarity and note definition that was there before is still intact. And when it comes to the more crunchy tones, the saturation may be a touch smoother, maybe that’s what they meant by blurry. I just turn down the gain to regain some of the raspiness. It took me many years to gather the courage to turn down the gain :D

Any change in behavior when you change the tuner mute setting between off/input/output?

Any change in behavior when you change the tuner mute setting between off/input/output?
i don't have changed anything. Another bug, switch the tuner on, guitar vol on 0, the bar indicator (don't know how to say that) is present and move alone... Normally with guitar vol at 0, there is nothing on the tuner. I have tried with anither guitar, another cable, another input, same results.. so its a bug

I also noticed that spillover when I switch to the tuner. But is that a problem? At least not to me.
That the tuners shows a note even when the guitar volume is at zero is also not unusual. Many tuners do this.

Last edited:
i don't have changed anything. Another bug, switch the tuner on, guitar vol on 0, the bar indicator (don't know how to say that) is present and move alone... Normally with guitar vol at 0, there is nothing on the tuner. I have tried with anither guitar, another cable, another input, same results.. so its a bug

I also noticed that spillover when I switch to the tuner. But is that a problem? At least not to me.
That the tuners shows a note even when the guitar volume is at zero is also not unusual. Many tuners do this.

Is your Tuner set to mute Input or Output?

MuteOFF/INPUT/OUTPUT Determines how the tuner mute function works.
OFF: No mute. All signal is passed as usual when the tuner is engaged.
OUTPUT: The signal is muted at the output. Tails are silenced.
INPUT: The signal is muted at the noise gate. Tails ring out

See page 69 in the manual:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-3/Axe-Fx-III-Owners-Manual.pdf

My tuner is set to Mute Output. Then it's a bug. According to the manual it shouldn't behave like this.
It doesn't make a difference if I set it to Input or Output.

Nothing like that before this last update, and yes, hearing the delay repeats if i switch the tuner on is a problem!

Is your Tuner set to mute Input or Output?

MuteOFF/INPUT/OUTPUT Determines how the tuner mute function works.
OFF: No mute. All signal is passed as usual when the tuner is engaged.
OUTPUT: The signal is muted at the output. Tails are silenced.
INPUT: The signal is muted at the noise gate. Tails ring out

See page 69 in the manual:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-3/Axe-Fx-III-Owners-Manual.pdf
The tuner is set to mute output, and i don't have made change before this last update. No problem with the first beta update.

I just backed up and installed hoping for not Bytor to bite me in the arse. Not scared, To clarify in 20 years i never got bit on an upgrade. Go Cliff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom