Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This to me reads like you need to play with the eq’s in the delay blocks. Reduce max high frequency and there’s the warmth, generally speaking.

I used high and low cuts on verb and delay in my fx8 which our produced noticed at a show, and he was pretty impressed. Gotta know where to look!
I really doubt I would be able to match it by ear, there is also a tone thickening that happens as well. That is why I was hoping Fractal could revisit the analog delays to reproduce this like with this amp model update using the new analysis methods.

I still use a DMM 1100 tap tempo in my loop because it adds some sort of thickening and analog warmth that the digital models don't, and I have tried quite a few digital emulations of it with different pedals and modelers. Maybe it is all in my head but man does it seem to improve my tone when I turn it on even with the mix turned low.
See: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...preamp-and-maybe-all-dmms-in-general.1935206/

It looks like it's the buffer and/or preamp circuits and op-amp that is warming and "analogizing" the tone. Nothing super magical but maybe a suitable drive tweaked could get close.

Because yes. I realize a little bit late that the « improved gate » make my old gate setting eat the tone a little bit. So check your gate guys 🙇🏻
Thanks for the heads up. I've started to loosen up my input 1 quite a bit over the last few months anyway. I tend to like a little noise coming through as a real amp would.
For reference, I use my Fractals as a meal replacement for real life amps, cabs, effects, etc.
A protein shake, if you will.

Well, I had to look it up. It exists! An x-ray binary system in Cygnus.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cygnus_X-3

It was a joke. It’s all good in the hands of Fractal. I only used it as an incentive for Cliff to release the thing today. 😁

Having said that: if Neural DSP had chosen “Cygnus X-x” as a title for updates, the forums would be overloaded with memes. It’s good to keep a clear sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom