Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd throw that thing straight in the trash if I were you. Or better yet, send it to me and I'll dispose of it for you :p
I couldn't possibly do this to you - It's that bad. It's seems to have spread to every visible screw on all of my my guitars - even the tuner buttons are misaligned. Even the tuner buttons on my avatar are misaligned 😲

We should now discuss whether the problem is that the headphone is too tight or the instrument jacks are slightly loose. A new rift of opinions will now start in this thread and will leave aside the comments about the improvements that this firmware provided :sweatsmile:
I was hoping that this firmware update would have resolved the issue, but it's still there. Maybe it'll be addressed in the final release. 🤞🫤
I needed a firmware reference to keep the discussion on topic - thanks! 😉

could affect tone -send for urgent repair
It's the strangest thing. There's clearly an alignment issue, but for the life of me, I don't hear any audible difference. Well, that is unless I pull the input or headphone cable from the front panel. If I do either I can no longer hear my guitar at all. More troubleshooting is needed. 😏

No, it’s a user accessible parameter - employ self help.
I read this self help book named 'The Power Of Positive Thinking' last night, and it seems to have helped (though not quite as expected). I'm now positive that the nuts are misaligned. 🤔

a simple nut reset should resolve the issue however, heed!, if a custom nut position was previously deployed, it will be overridden by the nut reset.
Ok, I think you're on to something. While I couldn't find any specific setting to change or reset for the front I/O hex nuts, I did see some reference in similar issues reported online regarding hex nuts and in every instance there was some mention of a socket wrench. I'll look into this further. 🧐

Pretty damn close though :laughing:
Right? In looking for something to use as a prop, I was surprised to find them so nearly aligned. This Cliff guy runs a tight ship. 😀

On a serious note, Cygnus X-3 sounds great! The Axe-FX III is still the best gear purchase I've ever made (with the Axe-FX II close behind it, and the Axe-FX Ultra before that). These three platforms cost less altogether than the last three amps that I owned. .....and I own A LOT more amps now! 😎👍

With all the attention off amplifiers and pedals, my wallet has turned its eyes towards guitars and basses. Not that that's a bad thing.
🙂

Last edited:
I just noticed that the nuts that secure the headphone and instrument jacks to the front panel are not rotationally aligned. What's up with that??
:D;)

View attachment 138038
When I was in MI Retail, I lost the sale of a USA Jazzmaster because when both the volume and tone knobs were turned up all the way, they were not in equal (visual) alignment with each other. The customer said "why would those not be equal? Now 10 is not 10 between them both".

I can think of a few more candidates: SCREEN Q and SCREEN FREQUENCY.
Agreed I know a lil bit about what the screen resistor does in a tube amp ,if you raise plate voltage and don’t change the screen to match they will blow but I could not tell you what Q or Freq does
Now if we had a parameter called Plate Voltage thats would be easier for me to grasp as generally the higher the plate voltage the less compression and more open like the Cameron’s Wizard etc that are up over 500 v
But I guess that getting a bit nerdy for many , but would be really cool for the amp guys that do builds like James Freeman etc

When loading the Bosom Boost Drive, the block output level jumps to 10 in the default settings. Is this value correct?

When loading the Bosom Boost Drive, the block output level jumps to 10 in the default settings. Is this value correct?
Confirmed. It seems all drives usually have all control dials at 5 by default, including Level (except Mix=10).
Probably the real pedal doesn't have a volume control
Other drives that don't have Level on the Basic page on the unit (e.g. Sunrise Splendor) appear to have Level set at 5.
On hard reset, Bosom Boost has all controls at 5 except Level, so it does seem to be an exception. Might be an oversight or by design.

EDIT: It is by design:
Model was verified against the actual pedal. Actual pedal doesn't have a Level control so the default is 10.

Last edited:
Real pedal has a volume control and the level control is there for every type on the axe afaik
Understood. I was pointing out that those pedals with a separate volume on the main page appear to have Level at 5, not 10.

I hesitated to switch to 25 at first because I was feeling kind of uncertain about dialing in a bunch of amps again. I decided to throw caution to the wind and embrace the change. I don't have a ton of user presets that I need to touch up; I just like exploring new tones, so I figured it would be fun to dig back into all the models again and see how things sound.

I haven't tested extensively yet, and I'm not going to A/B versus previous firmware versions or anything, but, dang, I haven't been able to dial in a tone that doesn't sound sweet to my ears. Very easy to start from scratch, with a couple of my favorite Dynacab settings as rough starting points, and just play.

This morning I wanted to do a sad, smokey, Fender-y kind of blues thing for a new composition I'm working on, and I couldn't help but draft up a rough lead over the top of the chordal work:

Thanks, Cliff and co., for your dedication to providing so many amazing tones in this machine. I'm still learning the ropes with the AFXIII but I feel pretty confident in saying that you've got a fan for life over here.

Found a pretty nasty bug with this preset. There is currently a single cab slot solo'd in Cab 1 but unsoloing it causes the Axe-FX to lock up completely, requiring a power cycle.

Attachments

• Deepest Red Live.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom