Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I upgraded to this beta and also reloaded the factory presets all banks file.

When I go to a preset now, the save button is lit up in Axe Edit. I thought the new firmware loaded automatically and wasn’t triggering any preset to save when choosing old presets?
It loads the new default values but will not save the preset. You need to hit the Save button if you want.

The input gate seems to filter more noise than before yep

The noise gate really does seem even better. It wasn't bad at all before, but it seems more able to handle higher gain at the default settings. I am testing with the 5153 Stealth Red going into the Blues Jr DynaCab. Holy Crap. Pure awesomeness. I should know if there's any change to the noise gates you'll be the first to test. Thanks so much @FractalAudio!

@FractalAudio

"Other fixes and improvements" could that be the wahh block having a more subtle sweep? I use the CryBaby in some presets and the sound of the sweep is better than before.

Cheers 🍻

I think this is how the firmware knows to not display presets "from the future", such as loading a preset touched by a newer firmware into a unit running older firmware.

If it didn't do that it could present cray-cray parameter values, make weird noises, or burn off the earth's atmosphere.
You forgot "start the zombie apocalypse". :)

night of the living dead horror GIF

Night Of The Living Dead Horror GIF by filmeditor

I didn't miss them. I'm saying I can hear said improvements and that I agree with Mud. Seems you missed that. ;)
Didn't, but you gave two clues that can make one think you did miss it...
"The noise gate really does seem even better." [if Cliff announced it, there should be little doubt ;) ]
"I should know if there's any change to the noise gates you'll be the first to test." [could mean different things]
Just making sure in a State of Sincerity, looking out for you... ;)

LOVE Cinderella
Saw them in a small club venue in the 90's - I was about 3 feet from keifer all night He was awesome - what a night that was
I was just gonna post similar, I saw them open for David Lee Roth back in 86-ish (I'm so old...almost 4 decades ago, sheesh?!) in Madison WI. That video took me right back, amazing what one remembers with a simple jog! We also stopped at a McDs on the way back to the hotel and all of us who bought Big Macs got the worst food poisioning in history. Bad end to an amazing show. I think it was Eat em and Smile tour...Sheehan and Vai killed it.....ok, reminiscing mode off now.... ;) :cool:

I was just gonna post similar, I saw them open for David Lee Roth back in 86-ish (I'm so old...almost 4 decades ago, sheesh?!) in Madison WI. That video took me right back, amazing what one remembers with a simple jog! We also stopped at a McDs on the way back to the hotel and all of us who bought Big Macs got the worst food poisioning in history. Bad end to an amazing show. I think it was Eat em and Smile tour...Sheehan and Vai killed it.....ok, reminiscing mode off now.... ;) :cool:
I saw that same tour in Atlanta. Like you said, Vai and Sheehan killed!! They were really the ones I wanted to see but, Cinderella held their own as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom