Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Cliff & crew - you never seem to rest?!?!?

Can you offer any insight into this scenario:
* Let's say I completely set my AFIII back to factory settings; wipe all the presets and everything back to new settings.
* Then I update FW to the 25B#2 (Cygnus X-3) firmware.
* Then I upload, just as a point of reference, say an Austin Buddy bank of Live Gold presets, which were done with a prior firmware version.
Will the AB Live Gold presets automatically update to correlate with the new algorithms in the updated FW?

If I understand the Release Notes, this occurs "automatically". (Awesome, BTW!) Will each individual preset then need to be "saved" (IOW, are they in an "Edited" state, or are they automatically edited and saved, without user input?)

I realize this isn't strictly feedback on the beta version - just trying to wrap my head around the depth of the automatic updates to the presets from prior firmware.

Thanks for any insights anyone can offer. 👍

Didn't load the previous beta because I wasn't yet inclined to start resetting amp blocks, etc. With the firmware now updating parameters to the new values, I loaded this one up, and it sounds fantastic! I thought the last firmware couldn't get any better, and now there's no way I'd ever go back--a common experience with major FW updates. Many thanks to Cilff and the rest at FAS!

Installed and everything sounds glorious over here. Thanks for the effort Cliff and team!
While all advanced parameters remained the way I set them, the Low Cut Frequency in the input eq (or pre amp tab) got reset. Not a biggie but I thought worth mentioning.
Enjoy making music, everybody!

It's cool to see that such a huge, fundamental modelling change in this beta firmware appears to be quite stable right out of the gate...fantastic.

CX3 was totally unexpected and a pleasant surprise; congrats FAS for another entire fundamental platform update that just keeps raising the bar.

Even simply reading the Release Notes is enough to make my day heh.

A disclaimer would have the same result as last time. Some people just went on and on regardless.

The firmware sounds brilliant, on every preset that I have played so far.
I was joking...gotta have (at least) one smarta$$ in every crowd...right?

For me, I'm waiting for the general release. Got all my preset values loaded in a G sheet for reference/tweaking.

Thanks, Cliff & crew - you never seem to rest?!?!?

Can you offer any insight into this scenario:
* Let's say I completely set my AFIII back to factory settings; wipe all the presets and everything back to new settings.
* Then I update FW to the 25B#2 (Cygnus X-3) firmware.
* Then I upload, just as a point of reference, say an Austin Buddy bank of Live Gold presets, which were done with a prior firmware version.
Will the AB Live Gold presets automatically update to correlate with the new algorithms in the updated FW?

If I understand the Release Notes, this occurs "automatically". (Awesome, BTW!) Will each individual preset then need to be "saved" (IOW, are they in an "Edited" state, or are they automatically edited and saved, without user input?)

I realize this isn't strictly feedback on the beta version - just trying to wrap my head around the depth of the automatic updates to the presets from prior firmware.

Thanks for any insights anyone can offer. 👍
if you NEVER press save, the new defaults wiil constantly be applied to that preset until you save.

Remember that thing we used to do when we were young? Pick up that instrument with 6 strings and pluck them to produce some sounds?
:p
confused question mark GIF

Is it me or does this beta sound even better than the previous one? Tonal bliss!
On the last beta I used existing presets, soft reset, and then reapplied most of my prior settings. It sounded just fine as I expected. When I loaded in today's beta I skimmed through the release notes. Upon playing I thought the same exact thing "man this is sounding very fresh and even better". While poking through this thread I saw something about the parameters automatically updating on the amp block (genius by the way Cliff & Co), went back to my amp block and saw the changes were applied. Awesome and no wonder is sounded even fresher! I'm glad FAS went this route for this update as it worked as intended and really made my prior patches sound even better!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom