Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what any of that means.
I feel how you formulated it could lead one to think that these parameters can't be further adjusted anymore. IOW, I would think they are only auto-modified on first recall and auto-saved? (after which they can be used as before)

I feel how you formulated it could lead one to think that these parameters can't be further adjusted anymore. IOW, I would think they are only auto-modified on first recall and auto-saved? (after which they can be used as before)
The preset isn't auto-saved. The parameters are updated when the preset is recalled. You can adjust the parameters if you wish.

I have audio cracks, like you have when the cpu of your daw is saturated, in all my fender presets done with the previous beta. (That are at 50% cpu) Maybe the les Paul is hotter than the strat with humbuckers I use to do them, but that the first time I have this type of cracks with the axe. Will see tomorrow what’s going on.

Existing presets are automatically updated to the new parameter values upon recall. The updated parameters are:

• Preamp Low Cut Freq
  • Preamp Hi Cut Freq
  • Triode1/2 Plate Frequency
  • All Cathode Follower parameters
  • Preamp Bias
  • Preamp Bias Excursion
  • PI Bias Excursion
  • Power Tube Bias Excursion
  • Transformer LF/HF
  • Transformer Drive
  • Power Tube Grid Bias
  • Cathode Resistance
  • Cathode Time Constant
  • Negative Feedback
  • Supply Sag
Absolutely the right call. Thanks for doing this.

I know this is an ongoing battle, the way I interpret Cliff's documentation means as soon as I load a preset that was created under a previous firmware the new updated parameters are automatically loaded ? No 'soft reset ' necessary ? If so, a big thank you to Cliff and staff..

Last edited:
Presets contain the firmware version they were last updated with. My suspicion (and @FractalAudio will correct me if I'm wrong here) is that a preset with a firmware version equal to 25.00 won't have the parameters updated. Only presets with version lower than 25.00. And once you save an auto-adjusted preset, the firmware version associated with it will be 25.00 and the auto-update will no longer apply on preset load.

If you change any of the values in the list of updated parameters and save the preset, the firmware won't undo those changes because the firmware version associated with the preset will be 25.00.

Presets contain the firmware version they were last updated with. My suspicion (and @FractalAudio will correct me if I'm wrong here) is that a preset with a firmware version equal to 25.00 won't have the parameters updated. Only presets with version lower than 25.00. And once you save an auto-adjusted preset, the firmware version associated with it will be 25.00 and the auto-update will no longer apply on preset load.
Exactly.

[...] And once you save an auto-adjusted preset, the firmware version associated with it will be 25.00 and the auto-update will no longer apply on preset load.
Thanks. That's what I meant with a "flag" and why it surprised me Cliff didn't understand.
I could only imagine two ways how the Axe on next recall would know to not update it again (flagging or comparing to values in a table [not a real solution, AFAIK]).
But ok, technically I guess the used method is not called flagging, but rather a parameter change [not an engineer :p].

Last edited:
I think this is how the firmware knows to not display presets "from the future", such as loading a preset touched by a newer firmware into a unit running older firmware.
Indeed. I overlooked this option, which is why I suspected he might be adding a 0/1 flag to represent "updated for fw25"

I was all fine with the “reset the amp”
thing for years…now I start getting confused.

I don’t have time to read 10.000 posts, so where are we now? Is it over with the need to reset the amp after a FW update? Is it automatically updating the changed/added parameters and all we need to do is just update and save the preset? If so, i welcome this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom