Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/25p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_25p00_beta3.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

New “Cygnus X-3” amp modeling:

• Improved preamp algorithms.
  • Improved power amp algorithms.
  • Improved output transformer loss modeling.
  • Improved preamp supply voltage modeling.
  • Nearly all amp models have been “remastered” as a result of new measurement techniques and analytical methods.
As a consequence of the new modeling many default parameter values have been changed. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new parameter values upon recall. The updated parameters are:

• Preamp Low Cut Freq
  • Preamp Hi Cut Freq
  • Triode1/2 Plate Frequency
  • All Cathode Follower parameters
  • Preamp Bias
  • Preamp Bias Excursion
  • PI Bias Excursion
  • Power Tube Bias Excursion
  • Transformer LF/HF
  • Transformer Drive
  • Power Tube Grid Bias
  • Cathode Resistance
  • Cathode Time Constant
  • Negative Feedback
  • Supply Sag
Added “Sunrise Splendor” Drive model. Existing model renamed “Sunrise Splendor Hi-Cut” to denote that the Hi-Cut switch is engaged.

Improved Input block Noise Gate.

Improved Classic Expander and Modern Expander types in Gate block.

Fixed wrong Miller capacitance value in Deluxe Verb Vibrato, Double Verb Vibrato, Super Verb Vibrato and all Vibrato Verb models.

Fixed wrong FX loop recovery gain in Suhr Badger models.

Fixed global settings not recalled if MIDI data is present on the MIDI In jack during bootup.

Various other fixes and improvements.

Awesome!! So to confirm this differs from the first beta in that no amp reset is required to set the updated parameters (they are changed upon preset recall)?

200w.gif

Fixed global settings not recalled if MIDI data is present on the MIDI In jack during bootup.
So, that's what it was? Seems to make sense. I have my Axe III in a rack. I use a neutrik power connector, plugged into a Furman UPS to power on the rack. There is a Neutrik cable to supply power to my pedalboard with midi footcontroller. If I power on the rack by connecting the neutrik plug, I never lose global settings. Everything is coming online at the same time.

But, when I do a firmware update, the whole rack is on, and i use the front panel rocker switch to power cycle the AXE III after firmware install. This is when I lose Global settings. It has happened to me 100 times. So, before a firmware update I always backup my global settings and preset bank A, just to be safe. It must have been the midi traffic from my Liquid Foot that is already on, when I reboot the AxeIII.

Thanks for cracking the code and I am excited to install this and be trouble free going forward. Old habits die hard, so I'll still backup prior to updating. It's just a good housekeeping practice.

Thanks

May we assume that an unflagged preset is only updated and auto-saved on first recall only? (then flagged and left alone)

Seems a question that would come up eventually, as otherwise it would prevent modification on those parameters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom