Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.05 Release

when I give my axe 3 an update, it looks like that :

cat kitten GIF

I don't know why, but my Fractal Bot window showed no info whilst it was updating my firmware (as per the screen grab below). No ports, no file, no progress... I was using the just-updated latest Axe Edit.

The update completed fine (with the progress bar moving as normal on the hardware) but a strange anomaly (?)

ae.png

Did you unzip it?
Yes.

I started the hardware.
I started Axe Edit.
An update prompt came up for Axe Edit.
I clicked to install the update.
On completion, Axe Edit restarted as normal.
I then went to Fractal Bot from within Axe Edit, browsed to the uncompressed update file on my PC and clicked begin.
The Axe Edit window showed as pictured.
A progress bar showed on the hardware as usual.

I don't know why, but my Fractal Bot window showed no info whilst it was updating my firmware (as per the screen grab below). No ports, no file, no progress... I was using the just-updated latest Axe Edit.

The update completed fine (with the progress bar moving as normal on the hardware) but a strange anomaly (?)

View attachment 134324
You're using Axe-Edit III, which only attaches to the FX3, so the embedded Fractal-Bot doesn't need to display the ports.

The file being sent should display once you've selected it. If it was a prompted firmware update then it already knows the file so not showing a filename is understandable though it'd be kinder to the user to display something indicating the firmware version and action.

PS - I reverted my FX3 to v24.04 and allowed the embedded Fractal-Bot to download and re-update the firmware to v24.05.

Here's the screen presented during the update so Fractal has their bases covered…
Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 2.57.29 PM.png

Last edited:
While using the Fractal Bot close Axe Edit. Same thing happened to me. Immediately after closing Axe Edit the ports for Axe Fx appeared and everything updated normally.

You're using Axe-Edit III, which only attaches to the FX3, so the embedded Fractal-Bot doesn't need to display the ports.

The file being sent should display once you've selected it. If it was a prompted firmware update then it already knows the file so not showing a filename is understandable though it'd be kinder to the user to display something indicating the firmware version and action.
They should still show, as well as the progress bar...

I've encountered this in a previous private beta for FM9-edit.

It works as expected but it looks wrong.

If I remember correctly, it looked correct when it started but changed after pressing Begin.

@Gadget - can you confirm if that's what you experienced?

You should probably post this info or at least a link to your post above in the Axe-Edit thread.

It normally shows the ports.

I had already selected the firmware file, and I didn't follow a prompt for the firmware update, only the Axe Edit update.

I have just repeated the process now, albeit without clicking the 'begin' button and this is what I normally see...

ae2.png

They should still show, as well as the progress bar...

I've encountered this in a previous private beta for FM9-edit.

It works as expected but it looks wrong.

If I remember correctly, it looked correct when it started but changed after pressing Begin.

@Gadget - can you confirm if that's what you experienced?

You should probably post this info or at least a link to your post above in the Axe-Edit thread.
No; my Axe Edit display stayed the same from opening to completion of update, without changing once.

Back
Top Bottom