Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release

The model is now based on a Silver Jubilee. The Lerxst is actually almost identical except for the taper of the mid control. In a Silver Jubilee the mid pot is log, in the Lerxst it's linear. Guess Alex likes mids.

So if you want the sound of the old model turn up the mids.

FWIW, Alex actually signed my Lerxst. Probably worth some bucks but I'll never sell it because he's one of my heroes.
He’s my hero, too! My license plate is “LERXST”!

Is it the wrong time to wish for Dime's Randalls with & without the treble boost? I kid, mostly :) Thanks for many great amps & effects.

I just bought a Randall V2 for those tones & for running the 3 into the poweramp & cab (marshall 1960av).

@FractalAudio Is it possible these people are just plants from other companies? Knowing that FAS is centered around you rather than a board of overseers, wouldn't it be the smartest line of attack simply to drain your desire to innovate? It reminds me of the psychology of bullies. The more you show that it's getting to you, the more they feel empowered. If you lose your will, it's much easier for them to try to compete.

I think the tone of the demands gives them away. I don't see people having gone up to Leo Fender, James Marshall, or any of the pillars of guitar tone, and demanding things from them. You'd ask politely, if you even got the chance ever to talk to them. You'd show respect. It's been known for some time that FAS has been far ahead of anyone else in modelling for some time now. You create the tonal palette for the greatest geniuses in guitar, like Steve Vai, and a whole roster that shames the rest of the industry, yet some people come here and talk to you like a fast food clerk who messed up their burger? No, it doesn't track. They're just trying to get under your skin. The sooner you retire, the sooner the competitors are on easy street.

I'm also in the sold all my stuff category. I don't have the pedigree of most around here, but I got back into playing guitar a few years ago after not really playing for 10+ years. In that time I've probably bought and sold close to $25k worth of guitars and gear trying to find what would work for me.

I tried the 100W tube head. It blew my 14 lb dog out of the house. Tried a Headrush to see how modelers were nowadays since my only experience with them was a Line 6 Pod my old guitar teacher had. The Headrush was very convenient and practical, but eventually the tone seemed lacking. Upgraded the speakers, that helped for a bit, but I had been keeping an eye on Fractal products via Reverb.

Pulled the trigger on an FX3 when I saw a deal pop and have been smiling ever since. It's nice knowing I don't need another amp or pedal ever since I can do literally everything I want to with an Axe. I aim to future proof in everything I buy, and the Axe does that. I'll wait-list a 4 though if that's ever a thing lol.

Thanks FAS. Awesome product, awesome company.

@FractalAudio Is it possible these people are just plants from other companies? Knowing that FAS is centered around you rather than a board of overseers, wouldn't it be the smartest line of attack simply to drain your desire to innovate? It reminds me of the psychology of bullies. The more you show that it's getting to you, the more they feel empowered. If you lose your will, it's much easier for them to try to compete.

I think the tone of the demands gives them away. I don't see people having gone up to Leo Fender, James Marshall, or any of the pillars of guitar tone, and demanding things from them. You'd ask politely, if you even got the chance ever to talk to them. You'd show respect. It's been known for some time that FAS has been far ahead of anyone else in modelling for some time now. You create the tonal palette for the greatest geniuses in guitar, like Steve Vai, and a whole roster that shames the rest of the industry, yet some people come here and talk to you like a fast food clerk who messed up their burger? No, it doesn't track. They're just trying to get under your skin. The sooner you retire, the sooner the competitors are on easy street.
It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

This one made my day.

I think a simpler explanation is that, unlike with most companies, people have direct access to the main developer and owner of the company here. Some people simply communicate poorly or in a very demanding way. I think it's also clear to all that FractalAudio also communicates in a very matter-of-fact way, which may just invite similarly straight forward communication from others.

There are probably more paid shills in other forums spreading negative opinions on competitors.

You might think it's "friendly" but the constant criticism lately has really taken the joy out of things.
For every person that criticises, there must be thousands of us in the silent majority that bless the day Fractal Audio came into our lives.

I've had the II and now the III and I've never looked back. (use it for covers, originals, live and studio work). My favorite things: the amount of control we have over the sound and the constant improvement you and your team does. Remarkable.

It'd be silly to do it, but I could easily post a sincere "Hell Yes!" every few days as I set up a new preset, discover something new, or just get satisfaction using the unit.

I can only say I like 24.03 and the Jubilee - didn‘t even know there is one in the box - sound good for me. Thank you Cliff and team. Ah, and there is Axe Edit - a little error - and bumsti, a new corrected version is here. Show me one company which is that fast, okay RME comes close but then the air is thin, very thin.

How about SYM (Save Your Money) Technology? :)

So far I've matched a $3k Marshall Jubilee, $3k Bogner Ecstasy, $2.5k Soldano Avenger, $3k Mesa Mark IVa, $3.5k Mesa Rev F Dual Rectifier, $1.2k Peavey 5150, $2.7k 1977 50w Marshall JMP, and a $4k '93 Sampson era Matchless C-30. After all of that, I learned to trust that the models are pretty friggen accurate.

I've even matched a few amps that haven't been modeled by using existing models and shaping them with different tone stacks and advanced parameters.

Cliff has cost me a lot of money by making absurdly good sounding models that made me want to buy the real thing; only to find that the models already sound and feel like the real thing. So save your money, enjoy the accuracy of the amp modeling, and play with confidence.
Sorry if I’m intruding, but how did you find the taper of the presence knob of the ecstasy models in the Axe iii compared to the real amp?

It defaults to 3.5 so I assume that’s the same as 12:00 on the real amp. But if I increase the presence knob in the Axe iii to 5.0, it sounds much more like recordings of my own (now sold) XTC with presence at 12:00. I suspect the taper of the models has changed but the default has not.

Where did you set the models presence knob to match the real amp?

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/24p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_24p03.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Fixed Mr Z MZ models crashing.

Fixed spurious tone in input when Noise Gate is disabled.

Improved Stack/Hold behavior in Delay block for Tape types. While the echoes will still degrade over time if Stack/Hold is on the degradation is improved and only due to the losses of the virtual tape.

Improved Intelligent and Noise Reducer gate types in Input block. This eliminates the slight squeaking sound as the gate releases when using aggressive settings.

Improved Brit Silver model.

Fixed Ping-Pong types in Delay block not working properly.

Fixed popping when switching scenes.

Various other fixes and improvements.
Hey guys...Sorry for the stupid question,but why I do not see that version on the Fractal website ? There is still the 23.05 one

Someone else has problem with PC (win11) not finding AxeFx3 after this new firmwareupdate and a solution if so?

(I've, tried multiple cables. All the correct drivers and versions of AxeEdit and FractalBot)

This happened to me last year and that time it was an faulty XMOS-chip, which G66 didnt have in stock so they changed the whole motherboard for me. Hope I don´t have to go thru that process again.

Just tried the new firmware. I am floored how good it is now. I was struggling with some upper frequencies not being sharp enough in my Marshall preset and I felt like there was some upper high frequencies lacking with the 23 firmware. With the latest firmware I’m able to cut down gain, treble, presence and I removed the ridiculous +5 treble I added on the preamp page. The new adjustments in the amp and cab interaction improved Marshalls a lot and loud amps sound loud without any extra tricks.

I think the cause is more likely people with an extraordinarily low social IQ.

Back
Top Bottom