Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release

I understand Cliff's take - it's hard to stomach the approach that some folks choose in their communications. Perhaps it's the competition deploying AI bots to come here to try to whine and bitch Cliff to retirement. :tearsofjoy:

In my experience, 99% of folks love their Fractal gear and are out there using it for musical endeavors rather than coming to a gear forum to make demands or to tell him how the company should operate. Those of us that love it appreciate it every day. Between the sheer innovation, quality, and support, my Fractal gear is in the tops of any products (music gear or otherwise) I've ever purchased. Top-tier all around. (Multiply that sentiment by thousands because I know many others share that sentiment as well.)

I think that's a pretty entitled attitude. Nothing is perfect. What's wrong with being happy for what we've got (which is much better than what we initially purchased)?
o c'mon, Fractal strives for perfection all the time as evidenced by many nuanced authenticity and accuracy improvements made in fw updates - improvements which are pretty unanimously (and correctly imo) applauded here when they occur, so I don't see how expressing a preference for what Fractal does well and is held in high regard for; is entitled. I for 1 am glad Fractal seems never satisfied to "call it a day" with the status quo on authenticity/accuracy and move on when there's any fruit left on the tree (just as many of their customers do in their gear choices). Though I think that post def got carried away in its wording, and the previous post looked to me like it deserved the reply it got given it throws out a pretty questionable kudo to a competitor in an inappropriate time and thread for it, the Forum's subsequent response to the interaction is, as often seems like is the case in these type events, kindv over-the-top and cringy imo.

given it throws out a pretty questionable kudo to a competitor in an inappropriate time and thread for it
That wasn’t a kudo for a competitor. Notice the wink. It was a tongue-in-cheek “show the competition how it’s done!”

There are a lot of Fractal users who would love a Silver Jubilee with all of its channels/push-pull switches, myself included.

o c'mon, Fractal strives for perfection all the time as evidenced by many nuanced authenticity and accuracy improvements made in fw updates - improvements which are pretty unanimously (and correctly imo) applauded here when they occur, so I don't see how expressing a preference for what Fractal does well and is held in high regard for; is entitled. I for 1 am glad Fractal seems never satisfied to "call it a day" with the status quo on authenticity/accuracy and move on when there's any fruit left on the tree (just as many of their customers do in their gear choices). Though I think that post def got carried away in its wording, and the previous post looked to me like it deserved the reply it got given it throws out a pretty questionable kudo to a competitor in an inappropriate time and thread for it, the Forum's subsequent response to the interaction is, as often seems like is the case in these type events, kindv over-the-top and cringy imo.
IMO appreciating perfection is different from expecting (or demanding) it. The definition of perfection differs from one person to another. I'm satisfied just appreciating Cliff's constant drive to make improvements to an already awesome product.

well, judging from the response you got, your winky didn't really do the trick.
Can’t win ‘em all. The world would be a very boring place if we were 100% serious all the time and only talked like robots. It’s never my intention to step on any toes, but it still happens because we’re human.

Faulty cable !

Potential bug with attached Preset @FractalAudio.

Seems like hard panning doesn´t work anymore.

With this attached dual amp preset, where both amps are hard panned L/R, if you mute one of the amps, you should hear unmuted amp only from one side.

For example, when I played this preset with headphones, when I muted Left amp, there was zero signal coming from left headphone.

I heard amp only on a right side 100%.

Now I hear that amp also on my left side.

I´m not sure when this has changed, but I found it now with 24.03.

When both amp blocks are active, the sound is mushy and not clear.

It used to sound super clear and huge because of total separation.

It looks like the signals are somehow summing somewhere under the hood.

I included also a cab bundle with factory cabs hard panned, because the cabs has to be panned 100% L/R in order to sound as intended.

thanks in advance for checking this out. 🙏

Attachments

• CCV 2B IIC++ Stereo.fasBundle
    5.7 KB · Views: 12
  • CCV 2B IIC++ Stereo.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

With this attached dual amp preset, where both amps are hard panned L/R, if you mute one of the amps, you should hear unmuted amp only from one side.

For example, when I played this preset with headphones, when I muted Left amp, there was zero signal coming from left headphone.

When both amp block are active, the sound is mushy and not clear.

I included also a cab bundle with factory cabs hard panned, because the cabs has to be panned 100% L/R in order to sound as intended.

Spend some time on it. I highly doubt there's a bug.

I mean, even the TMP has it with all its switches and channels… ;)

(My FM9 is the best-sounding guitar modeler I’ve ever used. But that won’t stop me from giving a friendly poke to Cliff’s competitive side so he keeps adding even more killer models to the Fractalverse! :D)
You honestly think you have to push Cliff into doing good things? Really???

Seems to me he's taken a good bit of that initiative on his own, far beyond what we might dream up from out here, and needling him seems in exceptionally poor taste when he's just told us that constant unappreciative demands are bothering him.

Last edited:
I checked all the options and checked all my stereo presets.
They all behave now like I described.
Have you removed all other blocks upstream and downstream to make the preset as simple as possible while still demonstrating the issue?

If it is truly an amp issue (and not a signal path issue), all you need is the amps (no cabs).

Can’t win ‘em all. The world would be a very boring place if we were 100% serious all the time and only talked like robots. It’s never my intention to step on any toes, but it still happens because we’re human.

Intent is irrelevant. Not being a robot, you have the freedom to craft communication that isn't offensive, an endless cornucopia of options in written language at your fingertips.

Chalking up your insensitive and disrespectful comment to "being human" is exactly why this sort of shit level communication is becoming the new lowest common denominator in society. "Not my fault, I'm only human." No, it IS your fault exactly because you ARE human, and you DO have a choice.

I do note your earlier apology, should have ended it there and let it go. If you haven't figured it out yet, nearly all of the forum participants absolutely adore Cliff and we know how fortunate we all are to have a driven one man show gifting us, yes, GIFTING us, new features that any other company would be charging for. As you discovered, there is an ARMY of us who would go to battle for this guy and feel his pain when someone pushes his buttons...make him feel bad....

I guess the lesson is think before hitting enter.

I don't know if it's a bonus side effect from the work done on the noise gate release, but I can run the threshold up to 10dB more open now on the intelligent gate. It give's me a little bonus dynamic range to work with. The noise reducer mode is a little less effective in my EMI bath environment but still seems improved.

Due to my high EMI environment at home I can really get a quick appreciation for gate improvements. It's a pain in the ass, but the bonus is when I play out my presets are already set up for a shitty noise environment so I can leave it as is if noisy and turn it down and get the extra dynamics back if it's a low emission environment..

I checked all the options and checked all my stereo presets.

They all behave now like I described.

I even did full backup and restoration just to be sure, but still got the same result :-(

I would very much appreciate, if someone could quickly check this preset.

You should mute one amp and there should be no sound at all coming from muted side.

I have no idea where is the problem, but currently I can´t used my stereo presets for a live shows :-(

I understand though if you don´t feel like checking because of last comments.

Anyone else can check maybe and offer an advice ?

thanks a lot guys..
Check your audio interface. Probably not set to stereo or panned correctly.

Well....thanks to you Cliff for doing the EVH Stealth 100 model.
I just bought one because of this model.

Comparing side by side and all I can say is:

Unknown.jpeg

Like....literally, FIRE! My new main tone.
Sincerest thanks to You and Your team for the hard work in making an incredible product that is easy to use and sounds like no other.
Happy New Year to all.

When both amp blocks are active, the sound is mushy and not clear.

Edit: Video removed now that the problem has been fixed.

Last edited:
Oh my...just found the problem, as Cliffs says, 99% it´s the cable and he is right again and again.

Kids were playing with my phones and seems like I need to buy a new ones now.

Sorry for my stupidity, I´ll delete my posts now..

Edit : I´ll leave it here as a reminder, that one should always check all the cables before creating fake news.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom