Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release

@York Audio i bought some really nice guitars.. then 3 cabs a 5150 and a superlead šŸ˜‚

To be fair 2 of the cabs are for the axe rig if i so choose and one is for sale.

Will be diving into 24.03 since i have only spent 5 minutes with a 2555.

@York Audio

From which pack? Also, how is your Slash amp different from a silver jubilee? Weā€™re they meant to be identical??
The IR I used in the Brit Silver clip as well as the Slash-inspired AFD and UYI Mixes are from the York Audio MRSH 412 MV30-Dual pack (www.yorkaudio.co).

The story behind the JCM Slash, as I've read, is that Slash needed more Jubilees on the road and asked Marshall to make some for him. They were only able to source enough original Jubilee components to make 3,000 units. Since it couldn't be mass produced, Marshall released them as a limited edition and their first signature amp model in '96 and '97.

The one I have is extra special to me. I got to play one when I was 14 at Sam's Music here in Nashville and have wanted one ever since. 25 years later, my friend tells me her husband has a Marshall Slash amp he doesn't play anymore. I go to his house to buy it and find a "Sam's Music" sticker on the back. Any store lucky enough to get a JCM Slash could only have one unit, so the one I have is THE amp I played when I was 14!

@York Audio i bought some really nice guitars.. then 3 cabs a 5150 and a superlead šŸ˜‚

To be fair 2 of the cabs are for the axe rig if i so choose and one is for sale.

Will be diving into 24.03 since i have only spent 5 minutes with a 2555.
Check out the Jubilee preset I posted and you'll get a great feel for the amp. Raise the Master Volume a touch if you want more mids and a little less sizzle (that knob has A TON of tonal shaping quality).

The preset matches my amp through a Fractal LB-2 load box, so feel free to change the impedance curve and set Speaker Drive, Speaker Compression, and Speaker Thump where you like them.

The IR I used in the Brit Silver clip as well as the Slash-inspired AFD and UYI Mixes are from the York Audio MRSH 412 MV30-Dual pack (www.yorkaudio.co).

The story behind the JCM Slash, as I've read, is that Slash needed more Jubilees on the road and asked Marshall to make some for him. They were only able to source enough original Jubilee components to make 3,000 units. Since it couldn't be mass produced, Marshall released them as a limited edition and their first signature amp model in '96 and '97.

The one I have is extra special to me. I got to play one when I was 14 at Sam's Music here in Nashville and have wanted one ever since. 25 years later, my friend tells me her husband has a Marshall Slash amp he doesn't play anymore. I go to his house to buy it and find a "Sam's Music" sticker on the back. Any store lucky enough to get a JCM Slash could only have one unit, so the one I have is THE amp I played when I was 14!

Check out the Jubilee preset I posted and you'll get a great feel for the amp. Raise the Master Volume a touch if you want more mids and a little less sizzle (that knob has A TON of tonal shaping quality).

The preset matches my amp through a Fractal LB-2 load box, so feel free to change the impedance curve and set Speaker Drive, Speaker Compression, and Speaker Thump where you like them.
I'm 'wow-ing' at that story - that is awesome!

How about SYM (Save Your Money) Technology? :)

So far I've matched a $3k Marshall Jubilee, $3k Bogner Ecstasy, $2.5k Soldano Avenger, $3k Mesa Mark IVa, $3.5k Mesa Rev F Dual Rectifier, $1.2k Peavey 5150, $2.7k 1977 50w Marshall JMP, and a $4k '93 Sampson era Matchless C-30. After all of that, I learned to trust that the models are pretty friggen accurate.

I've even matched a few amps that haven't been modeled by using existing models and shaping them with different tone stacks and advanced parameters.

Cliff has cost me a lot of money by making absurdly good sounding models that made me want to buy the real thing; only to find that the models already sound and feel like the real thing. So save your money, enjoy the accuracy of the amp modeling, and play with confidence.
Haha, I don't guess my joke was very funny, I was trying to be as sarcastic as possible, asking to "put in a gap" JUST after we got the "gapless switching" update... (being ridiculous)

BTW, your comparison audio back to back was incredible, very nice work!

So far I've matched a $3k Marshall Jubilee, $3k Bogner Ecstasy, $2.5k Soldano Avenger, $3k Mesa Mark IVa, $3.5k Mesa Rev F Dual Rectifier, $1.2k Peavey 5150, $2.7k 1977 50w Marshall JMP, and a $4k '93 Sampson era Matchless C-30. After all of that, I learned to trust that the models are pretty friggen accurate.

I've even matched a few amps that haven't been modeled by using existing models and shaping them with different tone stacks and advanced parameters.

Cliff has cost me a lot of money by making absurdly good sounding models that made me want to buy the real thing; only to find that the models already sound and feel like the real thing. So save your money, enjoy the accuracy of the amp modeling, and play with confidence.
Fractal's SYM technology isn't limited to amps, either. The Fractal drive block models are indistinguishable from the physical pedals. After A/B-ing against the models in the unit, I've retired or sold pretty much all of my overdrive and distortion pedals, including an LM308 Rat, Maxon OD-808, a Klone, and a Marshall Bluesbreaker. The models are that good.

I just want to say that when I got my Axe FX 3, I found awesome sounds (to my liking) immediately and started gigging with it. I have been happy all this time. I don't personally need any updates because the AFX3 gives me already pretty much any sound I can dream of. New updates are awesome of course but not really necessary at this point. Thank you for the awesome product FAS team šŸ™‚

Anyone who has experience with the real Jubilee knows that about the pull rhythm clip on the lead ch. Oddly, you can find the rare person who likes that on....??? I don't know why? It does work well on the clean ch and is probably why Joe Bonamassa likes the amp.
So, put it on the clean ch, set the gain to about 5 and pull the rhythm clip.........Killer blues tones here.

When it comes to the lead channel, the amp has loads of different tones in there depending on the Gain-EQ-"Lead Master" settings. The key point here is that "Lead Master" knob.

From an experienced Jubilee owner:
The amp sounds best with the gain always around 5 give or take a little. Too much and it gets muddy. When you need more gain, you lower the Master Output volume and crank the "Lead Master" up. Need more? Add a boost in front. Now, do you want it to be a two channel amp? Forget it! Marshall should have made to versions of this amp 1) The "Killer Blues" with only the clean ch and the pull rhythm clip - EQ and Output Master. I bet you this is how JB is using his. Then the 2) Killer Plexi to DSL version. This only has the lead ch with no pull rhythm clip along with the EQ AND MOST IMPORTANTLY the "LEAD MASTER" and Output Master. Oh, and to make this 2nd version even better, ship it with JJ E34L power tubes.

So, again, please model this amp correctly!

I have owned the AF3 now for almost 3 years. When I first got it, being a Marshall JMP-1 fan, I said, "Nope....does not sound like the JMP-1". I was right. You fixed that and it is perfect now. Huge thank you!!!
Now, I am also a big fan of the Jubilee series, From the get go 3 years ago....Nope ...does not sound like a Jubilee! No Lead Master knob and it just sounds weird.
Please....FIX THIS!!!!!
ADD the "Lead Master" control!!!!! That control is the heart and soul of the lead channel.

Non of the amps I own sound exactly like the ones on the Axe FX, this is to be expected. What I love is that the Axe FX has all the tools to get them as close as they can be.

If you want to help Fractal you could kindly send your amp to Cliff to take a look and if he finds something worth adding I'm sure he will. But asking things to be fixed when they are not broken does not help the fractal amp ecosystem.

ā€¦.

There are times where our world can seem so damn small. Awesome story and amazing that same amp made its way to you 25 years later! Meant to be.

Have a safe 2024!
Lee

I am on the other end and ready to start selling mine. All the non MV stuff sounds spot on and since the change a few updates ago I can't stop playing the low gain amps. I did end up with the JMP 1-CLN tone stack on the 2203/2204. I used your Blk Mix 03 and 12 panned. I put the Brit Silver amp block in also that you can switch out with the 2203/2204.

Attachments

• JMP 22032204 BRIT. SILVER.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 20
Fractal's SYM technology isn't limited to amps, either. The Fractal drive block models are indistinguishable from the physical pedals. After A/B-ing against the models in the unit, I've retired or sold pretty much all of my overdrive and distortion pedals, including an LM308 Rat, Maxon OD-808, a Klone, and a Marshall Bluesbreaker. The models are that good.
I think it was back in the days of the II when I tried summing up the total value equivalent vs. the respective analog. I want to say I got through the amps & drives and the total was somewhere north of half a million.

Another vote for the money saving angle! Since getting an AX8 back in 2017 I've bought one Fuzz pedal and sold everything else.

Occasionally I'll price up going back to analogue - and it's madness! Many multiples of cost, not thinking about the space etc.

Fractal has kept me playing guitar - couldn't be happier

Anyone who has experience with the real Jubilee knows that about the pull rhythm clip on the lead ch. Oddly, you can find the rare person who likes that on....??? I don't know why? It does work well on the clean ch and is probably why Joe Bonamassa likes the amp.
So, put it on the clean ch, set the gain to about 5 and pull the rhythm clip.........Killer blues tones here.

When it comes to the lead channel, the amp has loads of different tones in there depending on the Gain-EQ-"Lead Master" settings. The key point here is that "Lead Master" knob.

From an experienced Jubilee owner:
The amp sounds best with the gain always around 5 give or take a little. Too much and it gets muddy. When you need more gain, you lower the Master Output volume and crank the "Lead Master" up. Need more? Add a boost in front. Now, do you want it to be a two channel amp? Forget it! Marshall should have made to versions of this amp 1) The "Killer Blues" with only the clean ch and the pull rhythm clip - EQ and Output Master. I bet you this is how JB is using his. Then the 2) Killer Plexi to DSL version. This only has the lead ch with no pull rhythm clip along with the EQ AND MOST IMPORTANTLY the "LEAD MASTER" and Output Master. Oh, and to make this 2nd version even better, ship it with JJ E34L power tubes.

So, again, please model this amp correctly!

I have owned the AF3 now for almost 3 years. When I first got it, being a Marshall JMP-1 fan, I said, "Nope....does not sound like the JMP-1". I was right. You fixed that and it is perfect now. Huge thank you!!!
Now, I am also a big fan of the Jubilee series, From the get go 3 years ago....Nope ...does not sound like a Jubilee! No Lead Master knob and it just sounds weird.
Please....FIX THIS!!!!!
ADD the "Lead Master" control!!!!! That control is the heart and soul of the lead channel.
Wow, you ā€œalmostā€ come across as a demanding entitled ass. Iā€™m sure Cliff appreciated the kind words.

While weā€™re at it, the reverbs and delays alone are phenomenal!!!! Well worth what we paid for and more! Like Yngwie said, ā€œ More is MOAR!!!ā€

This ā†‘. The amount of crap I haven't bought since moving to Fractal has paid for my Axe II and Axe III several times over. Best guitar gear investment ever.

I feel like I also have to chime in to give Cliff and Fractal a massive thank you for all the hard work. Big shoutout to all the people that have been involved in the process of making FAS to be the best company in this market. For 11 years already I still feel like FAS has by far the best community and hereā€™s to hoping it will stay that way.

Iā€™ve been amazed every single time someone posts a problem or a request on the forums, and a few days or months after itā€™s fixed, a new feature is implemented or an amp/effect is added. Something Iā€™ve not yet seen another company do.

Back
Top Bottom