Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release

There will always be people who present feedback poorly, are unreasonable, or just plain make things up to get noticed. You've been doing this long enough to know by now that there will always be a few negative posts about the Axe-FX among the veritable ocean of positive ones, no matter how hard you work or how great the Axe-FX is.

The posts are well past the point of being negative or in bad taste. They’ve crossed the line. They are arrogant and insulting. New Years Day of all days. We seen this on Christmas weekend as well.

I don’t blame Cliff feeling the way he does at all.

Pricks like this feed off this shit and they are seeking out these exact types of responses. It is their MO. The only way to deal with pricks like this is to ban them.

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm reading this. Cliff, please don't let one person with gen Z entitlement syndrome discourage you. We love your beautiful head and please know that I'm cyber-kissing the top of it right now. Your efforts are appreciated by so many.

I’ve heard a lot of you play, and I have less talent and ability than most…but I do know when to just pick up my guitar, play, and enjoy…

Thanks Cliff, and all at FAS!

You might think it's "friendly" but the constant criticism lately has really taken the joy out of things.
In all seriousness, I’d be happy with my FM9 as it is now even if it never saw another update.

Apologies if my comment went too far. It’s easy to get caught up in the enthusiasm when Fractal’s models sound so good, because it seems like the modeling algorithms are capable of anything. But it’s not lost on me that there are hardworking people and thousands of hours behind it that make it all happen.

Fractal is in a unique (unfortunate?) spot with its fanbase because of how good the product is and the past record of rapid development, leading to hopes & requests that would be a lost cause with other brands. There’s a fine line between encouraging the products to be the best they can be, versus coming across as greedy and critical. I do apologize if I crossed it.

Absolutely this!
I played a JCM 900 SL-X for years and it’s an awesome amp. Maybe one of the most underrated Marshall amps. I played many many sessions, gigs etc. with mine.
I sold it for a JVM, worst decision ever!
The FAS crunch model with the preamp changed to CAE3+ and the sat switch=golub /Bradshaw dookie goodness also

@FractalAudio, Cliff, on behalf of most of the chuckle-verse here on the forum, I apologise for the way some people speak to you. It doesn’t reflect how most of us feel and I’m sorry you have to put up with it.

Please keep pursuing your joy, modelling whatever you want, however you want to, and whenever you want to. The true chuckle-heads among us are happy to wait.

New theory: all these new accounts acting like assholes lately are actually just Romeo Rose extracting his revenge.

That's funny; I was actually thinking the same thing! I wasn't even on this forum back then, but I had to backtrack to get a hint of what all the hubbub was about, and that left an impression.

I don’t have any dog in this fight. I just enjoy my fractal unit and enjoy the forum. I am also grateful of course. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The one thing that stands out to me in my head was a few years ago before the fm3 even came out, I got a kemper stage. It was cool and I liked it. But when I bought it, I thought that was it. I had no clue, literally zero idea that there would be any firmware updates. It was a pleasant surprise. By the time I got the fm3, I was aware of the firmware updates. But I always remember that when getting a bit too anticipatory for the next firmware. I always buy a unit happy for what it is at that time.

I never owned a real Jubilee but I did own a pretty decent Marshall combo in the 90s that sounded fantastic. I just played longer than I have in a very long time...because this model really brought me back to those band days. I'm not sure how the pros dialed it in but to me having the gain down to 2 or 3 (maybe even lower), master up to about 8 and tone stack all at around 8 did it for me. The clarity of the notes was incredible. Everything from 70s classic rock to 80s/90s metal sounded...um well, as Leon would say, glorious! Edit: I also added the TS808 to tame the lows and tighten it up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom