Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release

The model is now based on a Silver Jubilee. The Lerxst is actually almost identical except for the taper of the mid control. In a Silver Jubilee the mid pot is log, in the Lerxst it's linear. Guess Alex likes mids.

So if you want the sound of the old model turn up the mids.

FWIW, Alex actually signed my Lerxst. Probably worth some bucks but I'll never sell it because he's one of my heroes.

This is completely off topic but did you get to meet him in person? I bet you've had a lot of crazy moments with your heroes over the years. Do you even get star struck anymore?

Absolutely this!
I played a JCM 900 SL-X for years and it’s an awesome amp. Maybe one of the most underrated Marshall amps. I played many many sessions, gigs etc. with mine.
I sold it for a JVM, worst decision ever!

Is that amp modeled in the AxeFx?

Not near my Axe atm

During long sessions, I notice an overall volume drop, then fades back up. This happens on multiple presets and not just in a particular amp model/ block. Did a refresh of firmware but the issue is still there. I'll try to film a clip if I'm able to catch it on the spot.

The model is now based on a Silver Jubilee. The Lerxst is actually almost identical except for the taper of the mid control. In a Silver Jubilee the mid pot is log, in the Lerxst it's linear. Guess Alex likes mids.

So if you want the sound of the old model turn up the mids.

FWIW, Alex actually signed my Lerxst. Probably worth some bucks but I'll never sell it because he's one of my heroes.

Yes, it's the lead channel w/ the gain knob pushed in.

The pull rhythm clip thing is this amp is an enigma. If implies that it's only active in the rhythm channel but it affects the lead channel too.
Anyone who has experience with the real Jubilee knows that about the pull rhythm clip on the lead ch. Oddly, you can find the rare person who likes that on....??? I don't know why? It does work well on the clean ch and is probably why Joe Bonamassa likes the amp.
So, put it on the clean ch, set the gain to about 5 and pull the rhythm clip.........Killer blues tones here.

When it comes to the lead channel, the amp has loads of different tones in there depending on the Gain-EQ-"Lead Master" settings. The key point here is that "Lead Master" knob.

From an experienced Jubilee owner:
The amp sounds best with the gain always around 5 give or take a little. Too much and it gets muddy. When you need more gain, you lower the Master Output volume and crank the "Lead Master" up. Need more? Add a boost in front. Now, do you want it to be a two channel amp? Forget it! Marshall should have made to versions of this amp 1) The "Killer Blues" with only the clean ch and the pull rhythm clip - EQ and Output Master. I bet you this is how JB is using his. Then the 2) Killer Plexi to DSL version. This only has the lead ch with no pull rhythm clip along with the EQ AND MOST IMPORTANTLY the "LEAD MASTER" and Output Master. Oh, and to make this 2nd version even better, ship it with JJ E34L power tubes.

So, again, please model this amp correctly!

I have owned the AF3 now for almost 3 years. When I first got it, being a Marshall JMP-1 fan, I said, "Nope....does not sound like the JMP-1". I was right. You fixed that and it is perfect now. Huge thank you!!!
Now, I am also a big fan of the Jubilee series, From the get go 3 years ago....Nope ...does not sound like a Jubilee! No Lead Master knob and it just sounds weird.
Please....FIX THIS!!!!!
ADD the "Lead Master" control!!!!! That control is the heart and soul of the lead channel.

During long sessions, I notice an overall volume drop, then fades back up. This happens on multiple presets and not just in a particular amp model/ block. Did a refresh of firmware but the issue is still there. I'll try to film a clip if I'm able to catch it on the spot.
Probably best to post a separate bug thread for this unless this issue just started with this firmware version?

Anyone who has experience with the real Jubilee knows that about the pull rhythm clip on the lead ch. Oddly, you can find the rare person who likes that on....??? I don't know why? It does work well on the clean ch and is probably why Joe Bonamassa likes the amp.
So, put it on the clean ch, set the gain to about 5 and pull the rhythm clip.........Killer blues tones here.

When it comes to the lead channel, the amp has loads of different tones in there depending on the Gain-EQ-"Lead Master" settings. The key point here is that "Lead Master" knob.

The amp sounds best with the gain always around 5 give or take a little. Too much and it gets muddy. When you need more gain, you lower the Master Output volume and crank the "Lead Master" up. Need more? Add a boost in front. Now, do you want it to be a two channel amp? Forget it! Marshall should have made to versions of this amp 1) The "Killer Blues" with only the clean ch and the pull rhythm clip - EQ and Output Master. I bet you this is how JB is using his. Then the 2) Killer Plexi to DSL version. This only has the lead ch with no pull rhythm clip along with the EQ AND MOST IMPORTANTLY the "LEAD MASTER" and Output Master. Oh, and to make this 2nd version even better, ship it with JJ E34L power tubes.

I have owned the AF3 now for almost 3 years. When I first got it, being a Marshall JMP-1 fan, I said, "Nope....does not sound like the JMP-1". I was right. You fixed that and it is perfect now. Huge thank you!!!
Now, I am also a big fan of the Jubilee series, From the get go 3 years ago....Nope ...does not sound like a Jubilee! No Lead Master knob and it just sounds weird.
Please....FIX THIS!!!!!
ADD the "Lead Master" control!!!!! That control is the heart and soul of the lead channel.
Sorry the product doesn't meet your expectations. I will endeavor to do better in the future.

Please....FIX THIS!!!!!
You seem nice.

some @#$%ers are never happy. Justin posts a clip that is indistinguishable and THAT exceeds my expectations. I could live on just the Tucana, 5150 Stealth Blue and Brit Silver. They are nuts on. I keep my AXEFX III logo in bright orange because there are tubes in there.

Please....FIX THIS!!!!!
Yeah, not even close... 🙄

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-24-03-release.200627/post-2504431

Here's the Marshall JCM Slash vs the Brit Silver. I tweaked it by ear just using the basic tone controls. The only advanced parameter changes were on the speaker page. To match the JCM Slash going into a Fractal LB-2 load box, I used the LB-2 UK impedance curve and turned off Speaker Drive, Speaker Compression, and Speaker Thump.

I'm sure I could have spent all day nitpicking and fine-tuning it, but it's remarkable how close they are with pretty much identical amp settings.

I was listening to this in my new cars (Mazda) Bose sound system cranked up and honestly couldn’t tell any switches between amps were happening at all lol

I can smell four new Jubilee models with dual master volumes.
It's coming...
I mean, even the TMP has it with all its switches and channels… ;)

(My FM9 is the best-sounding guitar modeler I’ve ever used. But that won’t stop me from giving a friendly poke to Cliff’s competitive side so he keeps adding even more killer models to the Fractalverse! :D)

I mean, even the TMP has it with all its switches and channels… ;)

(My FM9 is the best-sounding guitar modeler I’ve ever used. But that won’t stop me from giving a friendly poke to Cliff’s competitive side so he keeps adding even more killer models to the Fractalverse! :D)
You might think it's "friendly" but the constant criticism lately has really taken the joy out of things.

Back
Top Bottom