Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release

Jubilee sounds friggin killer. I built a stereo patch with that as the main amp and depending on the scene, a 2203, JTM45, or a Twin in the other channel. I never can tell if its a matter of me learning more or the updates (and I'm sure its both) but everything sounds, dare I say, better than the real things! I used to only find a couple of amps that sounded right, but now its getting really hard to choose what to gig with...so many sound great. I sense that I'm going to have a lot more presets now!!!

1000x Thank you!! Just finished installing and trying 24.02, noticed some strangeness when resetting the amp block on some Mr Z presets that I hadn't touched for awhile, logged on to see if I could find anything about it, and presto, there's already a patch. (I haven't installed it yet, but I'm certain it'll fix what I was seeing).

After 3 years of owning the AFX3mk2, I still can't get over how great Fractal is as a company, as a community, and as a creative tool. Thank you, so much, to everyone involved!!

EDIT: Just finished trying what I'd done before (described above) and 24.03 definitely fixed whatever was happening. And... whatever you did to the Brit Silver... oh, yeah!! Sounds fantastic!!

Last edited:
All new firmwares that are not Betas should appear in fractal bot, but the webpage listed above is updated only when the latest release is considered stable!
So fw24.03 on the web page should be stable even if it's not on fractal-bot. sorry its maybe a stupid question

So we actually have three official levels of release now? Beta, production and stable?

I'm not trying to be a pain, just figuring out how it works. I wasn't aware of the difference between production and stable, thought production WAS stable.

And they have been, for me, in general.

So we actually have three official levels of release now? Beta, production and stable?

I'm not trying to be a pain, just figuring out how it works. I wasn't aware of the difference between production and stable, thought production WAS stable.

24.02 had 2 minor bugs other than that it was fine
Cliff fixed both of them within like an hour , and then updated , so this is a release not beta ,

Any non-beta version is assumed to be reasonably stable. If any severe or obvious bugs are found, they are usually corrected within a day or two of initial release. When it doubt, just wait a week after any firmware release, then install. Also, NEVER install right before a gig, of course.

Not looking to get flamed, but how confident is Fractal that this is a stable release?
If your worried about it, why not just wait a few weeks before updating. It is almost impossible to test every amp and use case, bugs are always going to exist in any software. So the longer you wait the more confident you can be with the release if no major bugs are reported.

Back
Top Bottom