Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.05 Release

I'm not alking about 5150 or 5153 models specifically. I noticed this change in all models I tried after the update.
did you reset the amp block and redial it in, there have been changes to the triode also and the bias defaults have all been redone
as have the speaker defaults .

do a reset and check those

Trying to sum it up I found, in the Stealth Red at least, it was thin and brittle (23.04). Now it's got thickness (23.05).

did you rest the amp block and redial it in, there have been changes to the triode also and the bias defaults have all been redone
as have the speaker defaults .

do a reset and check those
Yes I reset the block and redialed from scratch. Couldn't dial out the wool and congested nasal mids. And this was true for all of my favorite models, not just the 5150 family. As soon as I went back to 23.04 my grin immediately came back.

Love the new amp updates. Edge of breakup and mid gain are my favorite things these days and they really shine and are juicy.

Oh man, whatever was fixed in the 5153 models absolutely ruined the Stealth for me 😭 it's soo much more woolier and mushy than it used to be.

NGL, hard not to feel super frustrated right now. My two favorite amp models got changes that make it much harder for me to dial in my sound
Which channel? The Red channel was not changed aside from the Presence taper. The Green was only slightly changed. The Blue had significant changes.

Could it be the changes seem bigger because we tend to compare blue and red?
In 23.04 they were more similar to each other than now, in my experience.
I can tell the blue is more bassy/wooly now because I have to up the low cut in the input eq to get in the ballpark with the tone I am after and it's not as clanky probably because the bright cap has changed.

However, listening to above video I believe the blue and red are spot on in 23.05!

Is that so!? I'm sure it's become more pleasantly rounded. Maybe I'm just feeling it more this evening. Either way, it is sounding great for me.
The Presence taper was changed so you'd need to set the Presence higher for the same sound. Otherwise it's identical to before.

The Presence taper was changed so you'd need to set the Presence higher for the same sound. Otherwise it's identical to before.
You're the boss. I actually prefer a slightly darker/smooth tone but I'm toying around with the presence between 7.5 and 8. I do knock the high treble down a little bit. It's certainly addictive tweaking time, thanks sincerely.

isn’t there a mathematical formula to convert between log tapers , from old to the new one for position value

For those that don’t want to use their ears
(not for me)

Back
Top Bottom