Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.04 Release

I think any presets you modified with the later firmware won't be readable by the earlier one though. Do you have a backup of your presets from before that update?
Didn't have a backup so I'm just gonna start from scratch I guess...needed a fresh start anyway on my main tones. Lesson learned. Reverting to 22.01 fixed the clicking issue though, so that's a plus. I'm gonna hold off on 23.04 for a hot minute. Is there a download available of 23.02? Fractal's site only has 22.01 that I can tell and I'd really like to get gapless back

Last edited:
Didn't have a backup so I'm just gonna start from scratch I guess...needed a fresh start anyway on my main tones. Lesson learned. Reverting to 22.01 fixed the clicking issue though, so that's a plus. I'm gonna hold off on 23.04 for a hot minute. Is there a download available of 23.02? Fractal's site only has 22.01 that I can tell and I'd really like to get gapless back
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/23p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_23p02.zip

I just noticed a brief burst of noise when switching channels on a delay. I discovered that it happens when switching from a delay with the compander off to one with it on in the same block. Is this known/expected?

Late to the party, I just tried to sunrise splendour in my tele P&W preset. Yiiikes, but this is nice - it has probably displaced the klon for a cleanish warmup boost.

Attachments

• Mellow Tele.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 19
Release notes from 23.03 for those that missed that brief window:

Fixed wrong default tone stack in 1959SLP and Plexi 100W 1970 models.

JUHUUUUU, CLIFF I LOVE YOU!!! I don't know what you did but now AC/DC is coming to town ... just remember

and now the 1959SLP sounds and reacts like I know from past!!! That's what we missed so long. Now B3-M3-T3 setting is possible!!!
THANK YOU !!! 🤘

@FractalAudio this is in no way a complaint (especially that you squash everything very quickly) just genuinely interested - it seems there are more bugs lately that are related to basic functionality like the Input and Output section and other stuff that I'd imagine you don't really touch anymore. How come?

@FractalAudio this is in no way a complaint (especially that you squash everything very quickly) just genuinely interested - it seems there are more bugs lately that are related to basic functionality like the Input and Output section and other stuff that I'd imagine you don't really touch anymore. How come?
I guess the gapless thing touched many inner things, affecting input/output sections...

Hmmm, has anyone experienced presets sounding thinner and quieter and having some annoying higher frequency (maybe around 2 kHz?) quite audible? This happened to me between fw 23.03 beta 1 and the new 23.04. I'm just wondering if this is normal and I just have to tweak my presets to match the previous fw? I tested this with Ollo S5X headphones and the change in sound and volume is quite dramatic. I did the refresh after new firmware 🙂 I didn't notice any changes in global settings either. I also went back to 23.03 beta 1 and the presets sounded great like before. Then I updated 2nd time to 23.04 and the sounds degraded again. So for now I decided to go back to 23.03 beta 1 because I have 2 gigs this weekend. After that I'll probably update back to 23.04 and start tweaking my presets. Any info or tips to test about this is appreciated 🙂

Shouldn't be, I didn't have my wah pedal or fc12 connected... and I guess the wah shouldn't turn on by itself on one firmware if it doesn't do that in the other one... 🤔 as default I have it off on presets. But I will check that out next too. Thank you for the tip. I have done that mistake with the wah being on before many times too 😅

And the volume difference between firmwares with headphones is that with 23.03 beta 1 I had the out 1 at 10 o'clock and to match that approximately I have to turn the out 1 level to 11 o'clock with 23.04.

Absolutely love the new Stealth amp. Sounds massive. Stupid question: I see only the 100W, was there a 50W at some point? If so, where is it? Burg's released a video recently where he was using the 50W stealth

Absolutely love the new Stealth amp. Sounds massive. Stupid question: I see only the 100W, was there a 50W at some point? If so, where is it? Burg's released a video recently where he was using the 50W stealth
I might not have this right, but my memory is that Cliff said the original 50W model was actually a 100W, just mislabeled. If that's true, what changed is that he fixed the name.

Due to all the changes for gapless switching.

Back
Top Bottom