Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.04 Release

Are the 5153 Stealth Red & Blue Models labeled opposite of each other? Absolutely love these but the "red" seems to have less gain like the "blue" channel would in a 5153. Could be wrong here!

Vintage Z GIF

Thank you so much for even more new models! I can't wait to play them, but I at least installed the firmware. Am I right in having read that the Stealth Red should actually have two gain knobs?

Are the 5153 Stealth Red & Blue Models labeled opposite of each other? Absolutely love these but the "red" seems to have less gain like the "blue" channel would in a 5153. Could be wrong here!
The Red channel has much more gain but the Gain pot taper is very different. The Red channel has a 5A taper, while the Blue channel has a 30A taper so at noon it will appear as though the Blue channel has more gain.

Thank you so much for even more new models! I can't wait to play them, but I at least installed the firmware. Am I right in having read that the Stealth Red should actually have two gain knobs?
No, it only has one gain knob. The Blue channel gain knob affects the Red channel somewhat. I modeled it with the Blue channel gain knob at noon.

No, it only has one gain knob. The Blue channel gain knob affects the Red channel somewhat. I modeled it with the Blue channel gain knob at noon.

That's what I was wondering about. I thought I had read about the two gains being interactive. Thanks for explaining. Is the interactivity of those two gains something that's pretty minimal? Is that why you went with blue fixed at one position? I haven't played that amp in the real world.

That's what I was wondering about. I thought I had read about the two gains being interactive. Thanks for explaining. Is the interactivity of those two gains something that's pretty minimal? Is that why you went with blue fixed at one position? I haven't played that amp in the real world.

video i watched a while back that explains it fairly well with examples

I'm sure you've already looked into this but is there a way to have a blue gain knob on the red channel to mimic how it interacts with the red channel's gain knob?
To my ear, using the input trim has the same effect. Bump it up a little and you get that little bit of extra gain.

Yeah, definitely still prefer the Blue over the Red. The Red is way more saturated and "mushy". Probably better for a lead tone.
That's funny.
When I had the real heads when I was gigging. I used the Red channels with the gains dialed down as rhythms, and the Blue channels as leads.
It worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom