Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.03 Beta #1

I had an 83 2203 prior to the axe3 and can tell you master on 8 preamp gain on 2 and something providing a little hair and compression (ocd in real life) sounds fantastic.
That’s a nice tip. I mostly set drive at 5-6 and BMTP somewhat at noon. Setting master over 5 with drive at noon, the amp just gets too flubby and oversaturated.

I’m more into classic rock sounds and try to set the amp to be dynamic. Picking softly and lowering guitar volume gets you into clean sounds, and digging in harder gets you an overdriven sound. I love how dynamic these amps can get at best.

EDIT: I don’t think I’ve ever played a Marshall that doesn’t sound good with master volume cranked and low drive. Even the small solid state combo amps sound good.

Last edited:
That’s a nice tip. I mostly set drive at 5-6 and BMTP somewhat at noon. Setting master over 5 with drive at noon, the amp just gets too flubby and oversaturated.

I’m more into classic rock sounds and try to set the amp to be dynamic. Picking softly and lowering guitar volume gets you into clean sounds, and digging in harder gets you an overdriven sound. I love how dynamic these amps can get at best.

EDIT: I don’t think I’ve ever played a Marshall that doesn’t sound good with master volume cranked and low drive. Even the small solid state combo amps sound good.
On my amp i had presence basically off -try mids and treble more at 3 or 4 and see if thats to taste.

If the new Gauss Drive is really the Mesa Flux Drive, that would be awesome ... I wanted to buy this pedal for a long time now, but it's not available anymore. At least in europe ...

But you can apply the new default value(s) to all your Presets with this
Assuming a) a fixed value, b) you know the value and c) it's a user settable value...

Many times the reset is changing "internal" settings and this method is useless.

I've brought this up before but never got an answer. Updating all presets seems to be an available option on the FM3 but not AxeFx III. Not sure why.
That option only updates the firmware version under which the presets are saved, I believe... I could be wrong, though.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom