Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.03 Beta #1

Thanks for the update and all the wonderful additions!

Check that the NFB Compensation in the Advanced tab is set to ON. If it is OFF then the level will be lower.
May I ask:
Is the NFB compensation similar to the sat switch's behavior (on and on (ideal))?

What do we gain from the NFB compensation, or what is a scenario how one could use it?

Thanks for the update and all the wonderful additions!

May I ask:
Is the NFB compensation similar to the sat switch's behavior (on and on (ideal))?

What do we gain from the NFB compensation, or what is a scenario how one could use it?

NFB compensation is nothing more or less than automatic output level control. There's no impact on tone. Probably just leave it on. I can not recall ANY complaint / request in the past about NFB compensation [edit: with one exception].

Thanks Dave but I am assuming its in the AMP block - not seeing on and off switch or advanced anywhere - using USA JPIIC+ Yellow shred

NFB compensation is nothing more or less than automatic output level control. There's no impact on tone. Probably just leave it on. I can not recall ANY complaint / request in the past about NFB compensation [edit: with one exception].
Thank you. Though I still have a hard time understanding why I'd need automatic level control when I have an output knob in the amp block, but apparently I also missed the memo where someone uttered the need for NFB compensation.

Anyway, good to know it doesn't affect tone in any way. Thanks Yek, sending regards from Zeeburgereiland! :)

Reactions: yek
Thank you. Though I still have a hard time understanding why I'd need automatic level control when I have an output knob in the amp block, but apparently I also missed the memo where someone uttered the need for NFB compensation.

Anyway, good to know it doesn't affect tone in any way. Thanks Yek, sending regards from Zeeburgereiland! :)
The compensation feature was already there and always enabled. The change was to allow disabling the compensation...

Without compensation you'd have a huge delta in level between the min and max settings for NFB.

Thanks guess thats not the reason all my volumes are much lower now - guess I need to turn up my headphone amps which is strange it was fine before

Can you tell me where to look thanks - even though its not updated
Thanks guess thats not the reason all my volumes are much lower now - guess I need to turn up my headphone amps which is strange it was fine before
Go into the Amp block on the front panel and turn the setting ON.

I thought it was supposed to default to ON but not sure... I didn't notice a problem when testing but I didn't change the Amps so far.

Go into the Amp block on the front panel and turn the setting ON.

I thought it was supposed to default to ON but not sure... I didn't notice a problem when testing but I didn't change the Amps so far.

Thanks Buddy - I thought you might say that I dont use the front panel much

I don't know much about the EVH amps. From what I've gleaned, the Stealth is based on mods that Eddie Van Halen had on his personal amp for the last tour he was on. One forum reviewer wrote that the blue channel is really where you hear a difference, that there are more low mids in the Stealth. But I'm sure others will have a much better answer.
That sounds cool as hell!

Back
Top Bottom