Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.03 Beta #1

Okay, you're a ridiculous and lovely bastard. I'm not even going to talk about the new goodies, so here's my practical quesiton:

I generally use this formula to set Speaker Thump where amp and cab pairings would make sense in the real world:

Amp Wattage / Cab Wattage * 5. Is that be the most accurate way to set this wherever it would actually makes sense?

Okay, you're a ridiculous and lovely bastard. I'm not even going to talk about the new goodies, so here's my practical quesiton:

I generally use this formula to set Speaker Thump where amp and cab pairings would make sense in the real world:

Amp Wattage / Cab Wattage * 5. Is that be the most accurate way to set this wherever it would actually makes sense?
That's a good starting point.

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

Added NFB Compensation switch in Amp block. This defaults to On. Turning it off disables the negative feedback volume compensation at the output of the Amp block.

Thank you!

This allows authentic NFB behavior like one expects from a NFB pot on real amps, it also makes the Master Volume volume range (for a lack of a better word) sound more correct when the power amp is distorting when Compensation is Off.
Note; the actual behavior of the amp with Compensation On or Off does not change, it only changes the output volume of the block.
If you want authentic/realistic behavior, turn NFB Compensation OFF.

Ahhh I'm super curious as to what the new defaults are for Speaker Drive and Speaker Thump (I don't have a III to find out for myself)?

Can you elaborate on that a bit more just so I can grasp what you’re saying? :)

I’d love to see a few examples like “100 watt amp into 240 watt cabinet = ?”, or “100 watt head into 100 watt cabinet = ?” etc. and how it pertains to the number value for Speaker Thump. Is this in regards to the Speaker Drive as well?

Can you elaborate on that a bit more just so I can grasp what you’re saying? :)

I’d love to see a few examples like “100 watt amp into 240 watt cabinet = ?”, or “100 watt head into 100 watt cabinet = ?” etc. and how it pertains to the number value for Speaker Thump. Is this in regards to the Speaker Drive as well?

I just guessed the formula from when Speaker Thump was updated a while ago, where he wrote that 2.50 was like a 50W amp into a 100W cab, and 5.00 was a 100W amp into a 100W cab. I thought about what formula would fit this reasoning and went from there! So I like this one 5150 4x12 cab IR I've captured from third party software, and that's a 240W cab. So if I run a 50W Plexi into it, I set Speaker Thump to 1.04, but if I run a 100W amp into it, I set it to 2.08.

Back
Top Bottom