Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same situation for me so I loaded the stand alone Fractal-Bot and the update proceeded successfully.

I had the same issue with the Begin button when using Fractal-Bot inside Axe-Edit III.

I was able to load the new firmware using the standalone version of Fractal-Bot.

Last edited:
After updating from the first beta to 23.00, all my chorus block widths changed to 100%. Has anyone else seen this issue?

I had the same issue with the Begin button when using Fractal-Bot inside Axe-Edit III.

I was able to load the new firmware using the standalone version of Fractal-Bot.

I was able to upgrade with no issues using in internal Fractal Bot available in the the latest version of Axe Edit. It worked without a hitch for me so it can be done.

It looks to me like the increase (with gapless switching turned off) occurred between beta 6 and beta 7. This preset goes from 81% (beta 6) to 85% (beta 7). But I don't know, maybe even with gapless switching turned off, an increase in cpu usage is to be expected? Or at least some presets it does?
I misspoke. I never updated to Release Candidate 2 beta 7. I saw all the bugs being reported and decided to wait. I was on Release Candidate Beta 6 before updating to FW23...

Here's what I measure for that preset (gapless turned off):

22.01: 75%
23.00b6: 76%
23.00b7: 81%
23.00: 81%

That's scene 1. Like you say, other scenes are higher and I'm getting cpu warnings even with gapless turned off.

It's the same as the case I posted above where there was a sizable jump between beta 6 and beta 7. AFAIK, the only difference between beta 6 and 7 is the tremolo and my preset doesn't even have a Pan/Tremolo block, so this looks like there's a chance that increase might be unintentional.

It'd be nice to know one way or the other if this is a bug and a fix is forthcoming, or if this is the new reality and presets need to be modified to accommodate it.

Cliff, have you been able to reproduce this increase in CPU usage? If that's just the way it is, that's ok, but it would be helpful to know, so we can understand how to proceed.

While there may be additional CPU demands associated with all the new amazing features provided in FW 23, I am finding that existing presets can be greatly simplified in many cases so the net effect is no additional CPU demands exist…or, are actually reduced. The need for “kitchen sink” presets in many cases may no longer be necessary. Leon Todd’s most recent video which discusses this FW update does a great job providing information on this subject.

Updated to Firmware 23 last night. It downloaded the first time without any problems. I used the internal Fractal Bot on the Axe FX III.

Thanks to all at Fractal. !!! :)

Last edited:
Yes you are right. Trying to do to many things at once! Cab smoothing I meant
Cabinet smoothing does not increase CPU usage. Must be something else you changed.

CPU use varies depending upon a variety of factors. Increases/decreases in CPU use due to changing various parameters are completely normal.

Cabinet smoothing does not increase CPU usage. Must be something else you changed.

CPU use varies depending upon a variety of factors. Increases/decreases in CPU use due to changing various parameters are completely normal.
Just wondering. Does the refresh of values potentially change anything that might affect usage one way or another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom