Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't replicate this. Does it do it after you save the preset?

Yeah, I saved the preset last night and was just plaything through it now. It really only happens if I'm displaying the Perform page of Axe-Edit. Easy enough to make sure that's closed when I'm switching presets. You can see that each glitchy sound occurs as Axe-Edit is loading the individual parameter I have on the Perform page!

I sure wish we could have kept the original JS410 models along with the new ones. Don’t get me wrong, I’m always happy to get new models, but these new models come at the expense of my favorite amp in the whole unit. That makes me sad

Yeah, I saved the preset last night and was just plaything through it now. It really only happens if I'm displaying the Perform page of Axe-Edit. Easy enough to make sure that's closed when I'm switching presets. You can see that each glitchy sound occurs as Axe-Edit is loading the individual parameter I have on the Perform page!
I believe it's been reported before. The editor can cause hiccups if you have the Performance page open. I think specifically when there are controls tied to the Amp block.

It's possible I'm confusing it with another issue... But you could test by removing them and see if behavior changes.

Yeah Man, that's what I was saying. It only happened with the Performance page displaying on Axe-Edit. You don't even have to remove those parameters, just don't display them! So it's the easiest thing in the world to avoid.

Yeah Man, that's what I was saying. It only happened with the Performance page displaying on Axe-Edit. You don't even have to remove those parameters, just don't display them! So it's the easiest thing in the world to avoid.
Just to clarify, if you have the perform page up on the hardware - and no USB or axe edit displayed, does it still happen?

I know... I was saying you could confirm it by removing Amp block controls from the Performance page but leave PP visible in Axe-Edit and see if the problem goes away.

unfortunately that did not work.. the new preset without block library also has 85%. London Plate Reverb has about 3%. Will probably remove 1-2 blocks and go to another reverb

Here is a sample of the artifact I get when changing scenes. I play a steadyish pulse from start to end. When I change scenes, the AXE FX adds some extra sounds/notes which I do not play. I'll just turn the gapless thingy off for now. It is cool that Cliff gives us the option to choose :)

Attachments

• AXE FX scene change delay.mp3.zip
    397.6 KB · Views: 13
On FW 23.00 beta 4, going from empty preset 837 to attached preset 836 via the FC12, this is what I heard:

I can't share the IR because it was captured from a third party source.

You know what? I just wasn't playing loud enough to hear it before, but I'm getting the same stutter, but when changing scenes,
doesn't even matter if Axe-Edit is open or not. Here's a preset.

Attachments

• Rock Chlk.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
You know what? I just wasn't playing loud enough to hear it before, but I'm getting the same stutter, but when changing scenes,
doesn't even matter if Axe-Edit is open or not. Here's a preset.

Oh crazy. I probably won't be able to get to the unit again tonight, but probably Cliff will have already checked it out by tomorrow. I at least opened your preset, though I didn't have time to pick up the guitar, and I saw you're not using the performance page at all, so that's really interesting, since I'm so sure that's what caused my glitchy sounds. I mean, my preset was only four blocks haha! No modifiers either.

Oh crazy. I probably won't be able to get to the unit again tonight, but probably Cliff will have already checked it out by tomorrow. I at least opened your preset, though I didn't have time to pick up the guitar, and I saw you're not using the performance page at all, so that's really interesting, since I'm so sure that's what caused my glitchy sounds. I mean, my preset was only four blocks haha! No modifiers either.
Yep, crazy.....like I said, I have been playing at real low volumes, and just happened to turn up a little today and heard it, so not real
sure when it showed up.

Yep, crazy.....like I said, I have been playing at real low volumes, and just happened to turn up a little today and heard it, so not real
sure when it showed up.
I couldn't hear any glitching sound here. But the scene gaps are still pretty big (though smaller than if 'Gapless Switching' is off), with both amp blocks and the Cab block all switching channels at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom