Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, you're talking about multiple CC data values not multiple CCs.

You are sending, for example CC#1 with values 0-127, not CC#s 0-127.

Channels are modulo 4 and Scenes are modulo 8.

It should work, but I don't use a midi controller anymore for that so I can't confirm it does or doesn't.
ok - I have changed "CC#" references to "CCvalue" in my post above to make it clearer.

Last edited:
Also, I seem to recall this issue came up in the past...
Like I said, I'm pretty sure it came up in v23 but not quite sure of the exact timing. I know it is quite recent though as my foot control relies on that feature and I use it almost daily. Would be great if someone else could confirm it: just assign a "Channel Select" CC to a block that does ABCD (default it to chA), and send a CCvalue5 to that CC# on the Axfx Channel - the block should change over to channel B (I'm getting chD here regardless of value > 3)

Here’s the truth. I’ve been feeling a little self-satisfied over the past few days, thinking I’ve gotten a lot done recently.

But then I visit here, and see that Cliff has released two updates since breakfast. Kind of puts my ego in place, that.

“Don’t get cocky, kid.”

Last edited:
Here’s the truth. I’ve been feeling a little self-satisfied over the past few days, thinking I’ve gotten a lot done recently.

But then I visit here, and see that Cliff has released two updates since breakfast. Kind of puts my ego in place, that.

“Don’t get cocky, kid.”

What is this "self-satisfaction" of which you speak? I mostly second guess every thought in my mind and every action I take, until I'm completely and totally insane.

What is this "self-satisfaction" of which you speak? I mostly second guess every thought in my mind and every action I take, until I'm completely and totally insane.
Oh, I can empathize … I’m very familiar with that feeling. That’s why I was giving myself a rare pat on the back for actually getting shit done …

but as you know, there’s getting shit done, and then there’s getting shit DONE.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure it came up in v23 but not quite sure of the exact timing. I know it is quite recent though as my foot control relies on that feature and I use it almost daily. Would be great if someone else could confirm it: just assign a "Channel Select" CC to a block that does ABCD (default it to chA), and send a CCvalue5 to that CC# on the Axfx Channel - the block should change over to channel B (I'm getting chD here regardless of value > 3)

I see the same behavior on my Mark I. Values 4 and higher keep selecting channel D.

Oh, I can empathize … I’m very familiar with that feeling. That’s why I was giving myself a rare pat on the back for actually getting shit done …

but as you know, there’s getting shit done, and then there’s getting shit DONE.
I haven't made a decision i agreed with since 2019. Time is no longer a factor for me since its takes me twice as long to do things these days ;).

Thanks for the update Cliff and team. The Gold Plate and spring reverbs sound very very good to my ears. I'll be using them both with my synth as well. Thanks.

"Channel Select" CC to a block that does ABCD (default it to chA), and send a CCvalue5 to that CC# on the Axfx Channel - the block should change over to channel B (I'm getting chD here regardless of value > 3)
What are values 0, 1, and 2 doing? Perhaps I missed something about the expected behavior.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you are referring to manual and expecting it to roll around.

Page 46 in current manual, “As with Scene Select (above) the series continues, repeating Channels A–D across values to 127.”

Last edited:
Preset, Scene and Channel changes are now gapless, if desired. A global parameter (Setup->Global Settings->Gapless Changes) allow turning this feature on or off. OFF is the behavior prior to this firmware. The default is ON.

This update definitely fixes the scene bump issue of previous beta firmwares. Plus it has gapless switching for Presets and Channels, too. Best of both worlds, thank you so much Cliff!

Question : with dynacab all the preamp parameters in the cab block (air, preamp type ecc) are more effective than irs? Thanks

It's a different font. It's a built-in font which are used when redraw speed is critical. The fonts on the tabs are soft-fonts.
In that case, if there are any other font options with these performance benefits I'd see if there are less squashed ones. IMO it definitely hurts the readability of the Hz/cents values, even if those are not the main thing for the tuner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom