Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this normal?
When i switch the "Quality" between Ultra-High and Economy in the Reverb Block there is only a CPU difference about 3 - 5%! Also i dont hear a big difference.

Thank you for the update - one observation regarding the gapless changes, I notice that the standard "Petrucci Rig 2023" prvided as part of the Christmas Gift of Tone last year, switching between the scenes to scene 8 "Untethered" introduces a Gap.
It seems to be the CAB channel change that creates the gap. Appologies if this is a known issue that is being worked on.

Thank you for the update - one observation regarding the gapless changes, I notice that the standard "Petrucci Rig 2023" prvided as part of the Christmas Gift of Tone last year, switching between the scenes to scene 8 "Untethered" introduces a Gap.
It seems to be the CAB channel change that creates the gap. Appologies if this is a known issue that is being worked on.
Yes, thats the virtual Capo in this Scene!

The Cab block in that scene is using FullRes IRs which use a LOT of CPU. Mute those IRs and you'll have gapless changes. Or eliminate some stuff from the preset to get the CPU use down.

Apropos "quality"... when a reverb block is added the quality always starts with "ultra-high". Wouldn't it be better to start with "economy"?
Because when I sometimes add a reverb block to a patch which is already pretty "crowded" it doesn't let me a add the block because of unsufficient CPU (yes I know, don't do it :D).

Apropos "quality"... when a reverb block is added the quality always starts with "ultra-high". Wouldn't it be better to start with "economy"?
Because when I sometimes add a reverb block to a patch which is already pretty "crowded" it doesn't let me a add the block because of unsufficient CPU (yes I know, don't do it :D).
No, because most people wouldn't even bother to look and then would complain the reverb sounds bad.

I'm not finding that all preset changes are gapless when the global setting is on. Some are, but there are particular presets I have scrolled through where there is still a gap similar to pre-FW23, when switching in, and/or out of those presets (actually, they seem to be burgs' presets).

There is one preset where switching both in and out of the preset has gaps. For another preset, switching in has a gap, but switching out is gapless.

Cliff to future Cliff... "what bug am I going to find and need to fix?"....
(meant in praise of Cliff's cognitive abilities ;))

Last edited:
I'm not finding that all preset changes are gapless when the global setting is on. Some are, but there are particular presets I have scrolled through where there is still a gap similar to pre-FW23, when switching in, and/or out of those presets (actually, they seem to be burgs' presets).

There is one preset where switching both in and out of the preset has gaps. For another preset, switching in has a gap, but switching out is gapless.
There are caveats:
1. If presets are using a lot of CPU then the gapless switching may not work as there is not enough CPU available.
2. If presets are "stale" (saved under an older revision) then gapless switching may not work until the presets are saved. This is because the preset is being updated during the switchover.
3. If you switch presets rapidly you may get a gap because a lot of stuff goes on in the background after switching presets to get ready for the next preset change. If you switch before these background tasks are completed then you'll get a gap. It can take a few seconds for the tasks to complete.

If you don't like the feature you can turn it off in the Global settings.

There are caveats:
1. If presets are using a lot of CPU then the gapless switching may not work as there is not enough CPU available.
2. If presets are "stale" (saved under an older revision) then gapless switching may not work until the presets are saved. This is because the preset is being updated during the switchover.
3. If you switch presets rapidly you may get a gap because a lot of stuff goes on in the background after switching presets to get ready for the next preset change. If you switch before these background tasks are completed then you'll get a gap. It can take a few seconds for the tasks to complete.

Thanks for taking the time to explain, i was just curious about it, only affecting a few presets

Found a bug with this update. My volume block is going crazy like there is a LFO attached to it. It is going full off and on even when the expression pedal is off. Even with the expression pedal backed off it is making noise like it has a pitch shift on it.

There are caveats:

Awesome intel right there! Hell of a great product you and your team are making! I know you hear it all the time, but I’m truly glad to be on this AxeFX journey! It’s been such a great ride since 2009 when I ordered my brand new Ultra. Many thanks for all of the hard work and long hours to continually create and destroy the “it can’t be done” boundaries!!
Cheers,
Lee

Found a bug with this update. My volume block is going crazy like there is a LFO attached to it. It is going full off and on even when the expression pedal is off. Even with the expression pedal backed off it is making noise like it has a pitch shift on it.

You've been here long enough, you know the rule...
Check the cable.

Post the preset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom