Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did try the CCV models some time ago when you recommended certain settings, but they really had not gelled with my guitar, but with the new algorithm I'm already having all sorts of luck with amps I had previously not used. So I tried one of my current style of presets, to treat a model as if it were a one channel amp, with the CCV 2C, and I was shocked at how good the result was. I found that it has a fantastic range of tones when using the volume and tone knobs on the guitar, with the bright switch on and off. I can finally relate to what you've been saying for a while now!

My latest discovery is the Quickrod OD-1, so I'm doing so head to head (no pun intended) comparisons today to see which gives me more of the tonal range in looking for.
Most of the time bright cap of 440pf works for my guitars (LP/PRS) with treble at 6 and presence at 3, but for strat´s, tele´s, I lower the bright cap to 100pf and keep treble at 5 and presence at 2 (stock settings) and then it has balanced response again.
Also, CCV is pretty bright (but not fizzy) amp model, so I use darker IR´s to balance it out.
I dunno why, but I always prefer brighter amp and darker cab combination.
Something about the crispness of attack and bright breakup, but with something like darker 2001-2003 Mesa V30 speakers works for me always.
Truly amazing amp model :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom