Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gapless. Interesting. I've gotten so used to working around this limitation by using scenes, both amp blocks and multiple delay blocks that I'm almost like "ho-hum." But, maybe this is a good opportunity to try simplifying my presets...and exploring new ways of doing things.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/23p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_23p00_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Amp block triode algorithm.

Updated all JS410 Lead models based on a current production JVM410HJS.

Added JS410 Lead Green amp model.

Added Pitch High Cut parameter to Reverb block. This can be used to darken/brighten the pitch-shifted component of the reverb.

Added Smoothing parameter to Cabinet block in Dyna-Cab mode.

Preset, Scene and Channel changes are now gapless.

NOTE: Seamless switching is currently not implemented on the USB and SPDIF/AES outputs due to a "programming oversight" :p
I've been super curious for a while:

I assume seamless switching has always been desired, so I imagine there were some pretty big technical hurdles to overcome with regard to this feature. What kinds of issues were preventing this from happening? Threading, DSP overhead?

Just curious because I'm a dev by profession, and love your work -- not meant antagonistically at all.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

-----Added Smoothing parameter to Cabinet block in Dyna-Cab mode.-----

Hell. Yes.

Other people might not think this has as much flash as a new amp model but this is easily my favorite aspect of the update.

Smoothing is the secret sauce that removes the notchy qualities of IRs. It makes every single one of them sound better to me.

Last edited:
Would love to know anything more about the triode algorithm improvement that falls outside the ancient Chinese secret....
images

So… you added starch?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom