Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scene switching was only gapless in certain cases. If any of the following blocks changed channels there would be a gap:
Amp
Drive
Cabinet
Chorus
Compressor
Filter
Graphic EQ
IR Player
Multitap Delay
Parametric EQ
Phaser
Reverb
Synth
Oh wow, I didn't realize it was that many other blocks!
So now I'm even more curious as to how we got gapless switching!

Scene switching was only gapless in certain cases. If any of the following blocks changed channels there would be a gap:
Amp
Drive
Cabinet
Chorus
Compressor
Filter
Graphic EQ
IR Player
Multitap Delay
Parametric EQ
Phaser
Reverb
Synth
So now all these blocks will be gapless? I might dumb and not reading your post correctly.

This goes back to my question...is there really any reason besides CPU limitations to just have 2 amp blocks in on/off states on a preset now and skip using channels altogether?
Well you could have 8 amps (4 channels per each amp block) on tap and switch to any one of them without a gap in one preset. And since preset switching is seamless, you essentially have an infinite number

I'll try to make a guess: a small snippet of audio always gets recorded at the amp/fx blocks or at the output blocks and the last few ms are played back (and quickly crossfaded with the live signal) whenever a channel/scene/preset change is detected.
Anyway, now that I think about it, I seem to recall that the strymon timeline uses this (or a similar) method to have delay trails on preset changes. Maybe this could be applied to delay and reverb blocks to have "stable" trails even when switching between two completely different channel settings?

Gapless switching ?!? Wow. And between presets too ??! I think Leon’s video maybe skipped over that part, but this is HUGE !
Well done, that hiatus from updates to figure out and optimize switching is so worth it IMO.
I was reworking a bunch of presets based on Cooper’s video on scene controllers to avoid gaps, so this is great timing.

Hope your family recovers soon from COVID.

That’s an amazing update, THANK YOU.

Out of curiosity was there much different between the production Satriani amp and his own one?

I’m much happier to have the production version as it’s the sound most people are familiar with, even if it was a cool novelty to have a more “personal” one.
I'm totally in agreement here. I'm lucky enought to have a production jvm410 hjs and I absolutely love it. Excited to try this out, and the overdrive green is one of the best sounds in the head. But, I think all of them are one of the best sounds...

I just.... I just... love you guys. By far the hardest working company for sound modeling anywhere. It's insane how fast the community also jumps in to work through the bugs.. such a collaborative effort.

Now if only I could spend the time to learn how to use 1/100th of what this thing can do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom