Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I was planning to update the JS410 Crunch models as well but my wife got Covid so I've retreated to our "cabin by the lake". When I get back home I'll finish the updates. I wanted to get the firmware into your grubby hands so you could test things out.
That's the part where a random stranger wishes your wife a quick recovery! Out of pure empathy, because I do not care for the JS crunch model at all :)

i can’t even think of all the options that opens right now that the PRESET change is gapless .. PRESET ?? like a for real ? :O omg, this will be so, so good when a whole band is hooked up to one axe fx 3. no more workarounds and all that stuff…. aaaaa, I love you Cliff, love you all 👏👏👏👏
I agree. Even if it was JUST channel/scene gapless switching, that would be amazing. But Preset too? yasssss.

FWIW, I was planning to update the JS410 Crunch models as well but my wife got Covid so I've retreated to our "cabin by the lake". When I get back home I'll finish the updates. I wanted to get the firmware into your grubby hands so you could test things out.
Ah time to throw out the line - catch a big one :) covid sux

Back To The Future Love GIF

I'm 1000% in no way complaining, but if the Satriani amp is actually significantly different than current production, would it make sense to have both? Especially for the people who were attached to the Satch version? Also, unique is unique.

Yeah, speaking of "Why not both?" memes, this sounds like a "V1/V2" situation to me, just like the BE100 versions.

@FractalAudio , any insight on what kind of black magic you needed to do to make all this gapless goodness happen? What kind of things were the bottlenecks for loading stuff fast enough?
I'll try to make a guess: a small snippet of audio always gets recorded at the amp/fx blocks or at the output blocks and the last few ms are played back (and quickly crossfaded with the live signal) whenever a channel/scene/preset change is detected.

For the gapless switching, does this mean switching between different amps in two different scenes is seamless as well?
I have yet to try it but it says everything is gapless including scenes...so I imagine that's true if switching between two amps. Does that mean we can use two amp blocks instead of channels too (besides this would add more CPU but if you've got the room in the present it should be okay).

I have yet to try it but it says everything is gapless including scenes...so I imagine that's true if switching between two amps. Does that mean we can use two amp blocks instead of channels too (besides this would add more CPU but if you've got the room in the present it should be okay).
Scene switching was always gapless except for the amp block channels. The common workaround to avoid the gap was to use two amp blocks in parallel. The new release notes say that even PRESET switching is gapless. That's a huge deal.

Scene switching was always gapless except for the amp block. The new release notes say that even PRESET switching is gapless. That's a huge deal.
Scene switching was only gapless in certain cases. If any of the following blocks changed channels there would be a gap:
Amp
Drive
Cabinet
Chorus
Compressor
Filter
Graphic EQ
IR Player
Multitap Delay
Parametric EQ
Phaser
Reverb
Synth

Scene switching was always gapless except for the amp block channels. The common workaround to avoid the gap was to use two amp blocks in parallel. The new release notes say that even PRESET switching is gapless. That's a huge deal.
This goes back to my question...is there really any reason besides CPU limitations to just have 2 amp blocks in on/off states on a preset now and skip using channels altogether?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom