Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #5 (Beta 11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That happens a lot with tools around here, and is responsible for most instances of duplicate tools....
Around here, she who is overly OCD "arranges" things where she thinks it makes more sense (to her) for them to be. I can't find them for months, finally give up looking and order replacements, then a year later they show up. "Oh, so that's what you call it!? I put it away for you!"

"Um… love you hon."

Around here, she who is overly OCD "arranges" things where she thinks it makes more sense (to her) for them to be. I can't find them for months, finally give up looking and order replacements, then a year later they show up. "Oh, so that's what you call it!? I put it away for you!"

"Um… love you hon."
The condition is actually called CDO, not OCD

That is - in alphabetical order AS IT BLOODY WELL SHOULD BE...!! ;)

"Um… love you hon."
One day that is bound to help with something that ends up being worth way more like a Klon, KOT, etc. haha

One day that is bound to help with something that ends up being worth way more like a Klon, KOT, etc. haha
Actually, I don't care about those either. I LOVE the sound of my guitar plugged into a single channel amp that's cranked up enough that it's singing, and I'll roll the guitar's volume up and down, whether it's a Strat or humbuckers, and just let it sing.

Actually, I don't care about those either. I LOVE the sound of my guitar plugged into a single channel amp that's cranked up enough that it's singing, and I'll roll the guitar's volume up and down, whether it's a Strat or humbuckers, and just let it sing.
I only meant it would help because you could sell something for more than they originally cost you.

"Um… love you hon."
I feel you bro, you're not alone ❤️

"Um… love you hon."
Could be a good problem to have. . . looks at growing guitar collection. . .

Presets are too small to contain exported IRs.
I don't think they should. I was thinking more along the lines of just storing a filename, hash or whatever to find those "frozen" IRs on the Axe-Fx. Not for them to be portable from unit to unit. If you were to import a preset from Axe-Fx A to Axe-Fx B, then turn on Freeze it would just generate them on B unit.

I don't think they should. I was thinking more along the lines of just storing a filename, hash or whatever to find those "frozen" IRs on the Axe-Fx. Not for them to be portable from unit to unit. If you were to import a preset from Axe-Fx A to Axe-Fx B, then turn on Freeze it would just generate them on B unit.
There's not enough non-volatile memory to support that.

There's not enough non-volatile memory to support that.

Could it work such that loading the preset only loads the Dynacab IR that exists at the current settings (or how ever many are in use)? And if the user adjusts any of the settings then it would load the remaining IRs.

I was going to ask @FractalAudio whether a Hiwatt 4x12 cab with Fanes would be added, as they are very special and do not sound like any of the existing cabs.
For all us Pink Floyd fans a Fane loaded Hiwatt cab would be a great addition.
Same. I'm not a Pink Floyd fan, but 95% of my presets use a Hiwatt IR.

What about just an option to save the mix as a user cab? (Kinda like the tonematch block does).
Or maybe that functionality is reserved for the new cab-lab?
That would work as a workaround if latency is a problem for the user since there's no space to store this stuff otherwise. Sort of like some use the dual amp blocks to avoid any switching delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom