Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is for shure: no matter how much we give to the users some will still complain and explain how they would've done things differently. Usually the same handful of people.
I'm loving what you did here with the DynaCab IR's! I've Been talking about it with friends for weeks now. Some of them still own an Axe II.

One thing is for shure: no matter how much we give to the users some will still complain and explain how they would've done things differently. Usually the same handful of people.
Couch Surfing Arm Chair Qb GIF by Crossroads Church

I swore I followed all of the steps correctly, but do not see Dyna-Cab as a type in cab section.
Did you look in the Cab 'TYPE', below the 'CHANNELS' in Axe Edit III?

It's easy to check if they're loaded on the Axe III. Press HOME, then the large encoder or small encoder 'B' to get to the layout. NAV to the Cab block and press EDIT. If the Dyna Cabs and FW beta are loaded, it will open to a 'Mode' page with 'Legacy' and 'Dyna Cab' as options.

If they are not there, try the steps again. I haven't read any issues with successfully installing the FW and Dyna Cabs when done properly.

It's easy to check if they're loaded on the Axe III. Press HOME, then the large encoder or small encoder 'B' to get to the layout. NAV to the Cab block and press EDIT. If the Dyna Cabs and FW beta are loaded, it will open to a 'Mode' page with 'Legacy' and 'Dyna Cab' as options.

If they are not there, try the steps again. I haven't read any issues with successfully installing the FW and Dyna Cabs when done properly.
This is all I see. I tried the steps 3 times.

1682375842047.png

Update: I see DYNA-CAB on the UI on the unit itself, but not in Axe-Edit.

This is all I see. I tried the steps 3 times.

View attachment 120039
If you're using the new Fractal Bot, new Axe Edit III and used the new Fractal Bot to load the Dyna Cabs, you're the first I've seen that has had any issues.

Correct Fractal Bot:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/fractal-bot/beta/Fractal-Bot-v3p00p16-b1.zip
Correct Axe Edit III:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-iii-1-13-00-supports-fw-22-00-public-beta-6.193277/
FW 22.00 Beta #2 (Beta 7)
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/22p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_22p00_beta7.zip
Steps for installation:

"-Extract the firmware .syx file and the dyna_cabs.syx file from the archive.

-Install the the new firmware as usual. After rebooting you will see a warning that the Dyna-Cab data is not installed. Press Exit.

-Install the Dyna-Cab data. Be sure to use the new Fractal-Bot from step #1. Drag-and-drop dyna_cabs.syx onto Fractal-Bot as you would a firmware image. Send the data. Reboot when instructed."

If you're using the new Fractal Bot, new Axe Edit III and used the new Fractal Bot to load the Dyna Cabs, you're the first I've seen that has had any issues.

Correct Fractal Bot:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/fractal-bot/beta/Fractal-Bot-v3p00p16-b1.zip
Correct Axe Edit III:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-iii-1-13-00-supports-fw-22-00-public-beta-6.193277/
FW 22.00 Beta #2 (Beta 7)
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/22p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_22p00_beta7.zip
Steps for installation:

"-Extract the firmware .syx file and the dyna_cabs.syx file from the archive.

-Install the the new firmware as usual. After rebooting you will see a warning that the Dyna-Cab data is not installed. Press Exit.

-Install the Dyna-Cab data. Be sure to use the new Fractal-Bot from step #1. Drag-and-drop dyna_cabs.syx onto Fractal-Bot as you would a firmware image. Send the data. Reboot when instructed."
Just realized I had not updated Axe-Edit - all good!

a key point for me, wrt possible 3rd party Dynacab offerings, is the IC linkage between amp and cab block. It looks, from this limited vantage point, like Fractal has possibly built some IC meta-data elements into the Dynacab install package. If that possible package template is the standard 3rd partys' would need to follow for deployment, it means IC would be part of their framework also (hopefully mandatory). Just speculating, but if that's the plan, it's a brilliant move on Fractal's part imo as I think amp/IR integration via IC is one of the game changers in this release, and something that would be great to have extend to any 3rd pty Dynacab IRs that might get offered.
When Cliff announced it the first thing in my head was it's going to be a paradigm shift in how IRs are created. Shure, there will be those who continue to use the old format but once additional 3rd parties hear how they sound and see their flexibility, I think they'll want to create for Fractal.

Odds are good it's a patentable technology too, and we're going to see competitors try to implement it. And, while they have similar interfaces, that's not the important thing, it's the sprinkles on the icing. I expect to see others either want to license it, or try to figure it out and one-up it. We'll see in a few years if they're successful figuring it out and raising the ante, but by that time Fractal will still be a few years ahead.

I would NOT want to play chess with Cliff. I'd be humiliated I'm shure.

That's my $0.02.

When Cliff announced it the first thing in my head was it's going to be a paradigm shift in how IRs are created. Shure, there will be those who continue to use the old format but once additional 3rd parties hear how they sound and see their flexibility, I think they'll want to create for Fractal.

Odds are good it's a patentable technology too, and we're going to see competitors try to implement it. And, while they have similar interfaces, that's not the important thing, it's the sprinkles on the icing. I expect to see others either want to license it, or try to figure it out and one-up it. We'll see in a few years if they're successful figuring it out and raising the ante, but by that time Fractal will still be a few years ahead.

I would NOT want to play chess with Cliff. I'd be humiliated I'm shure.

That's my $0.02.
+1 - been a big fan of 3rd pty IRs and, even tho I've bought a lot of them, going forward, it's 100% Dynacab with dynamic IC assignment for me. Possible new 3rd pty Dynacab offerings without dynamic IC assignment would not now pique my interest - but with dynamic IC assignment: great, where do I enter my CC#!

I mixed Dyna with my cabs and it gave me the frequencies I was missing all my life. I took out the blocks associated with my expression pedals so it would not cause any issues. Its heavy metal! Let me know what you think. My cabs should be included as a preset + cab bundle.
I just tried your preset with my Majesty 6 and holy cow! All of the scenes sound incredible. If these are the kind of sounds we're getting with the beta version, one can only imagine what's to come once everyone experiments even further.

I haven't had time to test the sm7b Dyna-cab yet, but I'm intrigued. It's a hard choice for Fractal to decide what's the default, standard mic to use. Use the "standard" mic that "everyone" has used (mainly because it's cheap and widely available), or use a "better" mic because they can. Of course, people will always complain with whatever you pick.

Huh? The fractal wiki says the dynamic mic of dyna-cab is based on a 57. Unless there has been a change already.

To fractal, I appreciate the goods either way.

Another really nice combination: 65 Bassguy and its matching Dyna cab.

The B channel of the 65 Bassguy block is the 'Normal' channel. Same thing as the BandCommander but with a beefier output transformer and power transformer pushing it out there. Super nice industry standard cleans. Throw on the compressor to get some squish if you want. Sounds great with Strat or PRS CU24.

The A channel of the 65 Bassguy block is the 'Bass Instrument' channel. I assume the 'cut' switch in the ideal page of the controls corresponds to the 'Deep' switch in the off position when engaged. This gets closer to lower-gain Marshall land, but with a little more clarity and punch in the lows. It sounds unbelievable with a Strat. Equally so with the CU24. The 59/09s push it nicely and give a really nice, crunchy but still clean-ish grind, and then when you hit the notch split positions, it cleans/sweetens right up....

PRESET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom