Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cliff previously stated that equipment for producing dyna-cabs will be available for third parties:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/whats-cliff-doing-now.192448/page-6#post-2393913
That's true but will they take him up on it and rent the robot and software? We don't know, unless ir makers have said they will and I haven't seen the comment. We'll see but I'm hoping the cabs that are coming from Fractal will do the trick. The ones we have in the beta are pretty killer and there will he more so why do we need third party with the mic placement feature giving us pretty much what we need??

Cliff previously stated that equipment for producing dyna-cabs will be available for third parties:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/whats-cliff-doing-now.192448/page-6#post-2393913
Yes ok but they don't do this in their bathroom, they do it in a famous studio… so maybe what they provide will be good enough? It's not cool when the manufacturer is working on it, that "you" expect it from someone else. You know, I invite you to my house, I'm going to cook for you and you tell me "I can't wait to eat tomorrow in this restaurant!". It's not polite. I'm not even ass licking, myself I often go into the red zone when talking because I'm an unfiltered guy but I'm really a little pissed for him reading this, for once that annoys me.

Last edited:
That's true but will they take him up on it and rent the robot and software? We don't know, unless ir makers have said they will and I haven't seen the comment. We'll see but I'm hoping the cabs that are coming from Fractal will do the trick. The ones we have in the beta are pretty killer and there will he more so why do we need third party with the mic placement feature giving us pretty much what we need??
You know I have tried back the similar feature in the helix yesterday, with their 3.5. Yes ok, more mics, you can put the mic at 45 degrees… but sound wise nothing to compare about “clarity” and sound quality. Even if the helix does the job in the end, that’s not the problem, but I mean the quality in dynacab is there. When I was talking about the lack of this and that, I was talking about the Mesa recto cabs. But for example the Friedman and the other Mesa cab (don’t remember the name) are great, I found good tones with them.
Personally I stick with the stock irs since the beginning, that’s why I say this. And nothing against sellers, I own maybe 10000 irs from everyone, but yeah in the end I stick with what is in the box. They are already a lot to do with what we have in the axe.

I'm not arguing one way or another.

That said, your line of thought could be used for 3rd party presets vs in the box presets, no?

I'm not arguing one way or another.

That said, your line of thought could be used for 3rd party presets vs in the box presets, no?
No, the thing is to expect something else before even having the first full version. People are free then, they are many people that stick with the factory presets for example, and many people happy to purchase them, that’s not the debate.

Yes, we do know. At least 2 popular IR creators have already said they're actively working on getting started.

I'm a factory preset guy. It's always been fun for me to turn the knob on a piece of rack gear and force myself to make music that compliments the sound. It started back with the GSP-21 and it's been one of my favorite things about playing guitar ever since. That said, I have never been a fan of the IR hunt. This new approach to me is yet another HUGE Christmas from the team at Fractal. It's going to give me access to portion of the unit I gave up on.

a key point for me, wrt possible 3rd party Dynacab offerings, is the IC linkage between amp and cab block. It looks, from this limited vantage point, like Fractal has possibly built some IC meta-data elements into the Dynacab install package. If that possible package becomes the template 3rd partys will use for deployment, it means IC would be part of their framework also (hopefully mandatory). Just speculating, but if that's the plan, it's a brilliant move on Fractal's part imo as I think amp/IR integration via IC is one of the game changers in this release, and something that would be great to have extend to any 3rd pty Dynacab packages that might get offered.

Last edited:
Yes but at the same time the maker said that there is room for 3 mics in the current units 🤷
I wasn't commenting on mics, only the comment regarding 3rd party DynaCab IRs.

There has also been speculation in this thread that 3rd party IR creators can decide on their own mics. I've previously commented on that, too. Nobody from Fractal has said whether that will be allowed or not.

But I agree fully with your earlier posts. Maybe let's wait for a full release before we get our collective panties in a bunch over what is or isn't there yet :)

I'm happy either way, but I won't complain if Cliff eventually includes the 3 Monkeys cabs being ported to DynaCab!!! :cool::D

I mixed Dyna with my cabs and it gave me the frequencies I was missing all my life. I took out the blocks associated with my expression pedals so it would not cause any issues. Its heavy metal! Let me know what you think. My cabs should be included as a preset + cab bundle.

Attachments

• PVH 6160+MINE+DYN SS.fasBundle
    32.8 KB · Views: 54
One thing is for shure: no matter how much we give to the users some will still complain and explain how they would've done things differently. Usually the same handful of people.
Well, I definitely wouldn't have written this comment. The tone and timing are all wrong. You should have waited for three more pages of banter, then posted a meme. Please do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom