Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some A/B comparisons between some IR’s and dynacabs. To me it sounds like a blanket has been removed from the cabs! Sounds way more open and vibrant. Loving it so far!
What's crazy nuts is it never sounded like there was a 'blanket' over the cab before, it's freaking me out a bit. I have some IR combinations that took awhile to dial in that I really like and loved my tone before Dyna Cabs, now they're almost just "meh" in comparison. Playing presets using Legacy cabs with fresh ears still sound great, but once I switch to the Dyna Cabs I can't go back.

I never cease to be amazed at how Cliff is able to 'improve' on something that sounds so good. I don't understand it, don't ever expect to, but it's super cool how much of a difference they make.

I continue to eat crow every time something like this happens. I used to scoff the 'fanbois' who said similar things about the Axe Fx II and now I'm doing it!

What's crazy nuts is it never sounded like there was a 'blanket' over the cab before, it's freaking me out a bit. I have some IR combinations that took awhile to dial in that I really like and loved my tone before Dyna Cabs, now they're almost just "meh" in comparison. Playing presets using Legacy cabs with fresh ears still sound great, but once I switch to the Dyna Cabs I can't go back.

I never cease to be amazed at how Cliff is able to 'improve' on something that sounds so good. I don't understand it, don't ever expect to, but it's super cool how much of a difference they make.

I continue to eat crow every time something like this happens. I used to scoff the 'fanbois' who said similar things about the Axe Fx II and now I'm doing it!
That mirrors my experience as well. I refrained from saying it removed the blanket as we hear that so often, but that is exactly what it sounds like, and sounds much more like what I get miking a real cab.

For the past year or so I have been running a Synergy setup and Suhr IR load box along with mics, but decided to sell all but the Synergy power amp and go back to using Axe-FX amps and cavs, then this hits. Talk about a game changer. I came back to simplify my rig, but now the sounds are better than ever. And I still have a stereo 4x12 for stage!

Last edited:

Absolutely! I loved my York audio IR’s (and still do) but this Dynacab is something else!

Absolutely! I loved my York audio IR’s (and still do) but this Dynacab is something else!

Yes, it's not Legacy OR Dyna-Cabs, but standard IRs AND Dyna-Cabs.

Truly an abundance of options. And there's an ironic benefit to Dyna-Cab's not having too many options (and they are compressed into continuous mic locations which gives a sense of simpler dynamic choice).

Last edited:
I still love my 3rd party IR's and will never forget the experience of trying them out and finding the preverbal needle in the haystack sound that the right one created. Can't wait to see if 3rd party Dyna-Cab's will be released with the FX3. I will never regret the time I spent dialing in "My" tone using all the tools available. That being said, I cant believe how abbreviated the process is using Dyna-Cab's. The, what's being called, blanket has been lifted.

Having started on a AXE 2 each and every firmware has made me feel like clarity has been gained. If I were to somehow time lapse the last six years with Fractal, I don't know how much bigger my smile can get with each improvement.

I still love my 3rd party IR's and will never forget the experience of trying them out and finding the preverbal needle in the haystack sound that the right one created. Can't wait to see if 3rd party Dyna-Cab's will be released with the FX3. I will never regret the time I spent dialing in "My" tone using all the tools available. That being said, I cant believe how abbreviated the process is using Dyna-Cab's. The, what's being called, blanket has been lifted.

Having started on a AXE 2 each and every firmware has made me feel like clarity has been gained. If I were to somehow time lapse the last six years with Fractal, I don't know how much bigger my smile can get with each improvement.

Try time lapsing 16 years! 🤗

I agree that the Dyna-Cabs are indeed a game changer. But at the same time I have some
legacy IR’s (confusing name actually as others have noted) that I love. So what I need to do is try a cab block only with the Dyna-Cabs and another with the legacy and run them in parallel.

Also as others have noted the Dyna-Cabs don’t have the same mid-range THUMP that a lot of the legacy IR’s do so I’m looking forward to experimenting. Plus it’s only beta so you KNOW there is goodness still to come.

I found a potential bug with the Looper. I recorded a pass and everything sounded fine. I trimmed the playback so I could just hear the last note without going through the full pass. Once I put the trim back to the start of the loop, I started getting crackles that wouldn't go away. I played my guitar and everything sounded normal again, but kept getting the crackles when I'd play the Looper. I rerecorded the part with the Looper and it was normal again, so I think it has to do with the Trim feature. It's not a dealbreaker, but thought it was worth mentioning. Here's a clip.

Hello!
I could request this preset
That sound is so beautiful!
Please! I'd love to! :crown: :guitar: :crown:

There's supposed to be a new dropdown for Type at the lower left in the Cab block view in Axe-Edit after installing this new firmware and the dyna-cabs, for choosing between Legacy and Dyna-Cab, but there isn't. What am i doing wrong? I followed the instructions above exactly as far as I can tell. :(

There's supposed to be a new dropdown for Type at the lower left in the Cab block view in Axe-Edit after installing this new firmware and the dyna-cabs, for choosing between Legacy and Dyna-Cab, but there isn't. What am i doing wrong? I followed the instructions above exactly as far as I can tell. :(
Refresh after firmware? I always forget
If not, try downloading Dyna again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom