Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this doesn't come off negative, that is not the intention. I think the dyna-cabs are more balanced sounding compared to the IRs, so I really like them. Not everyone will agree. Not everyone wants "balanced". We have seen posts of those who prefer to have more lows or beef. If you prefer the sound of an IR compared to dyna-cab, use that old trusty IR. I am not Cliff or FAS , but I don't think the intention of dyna-cab is to copy IRs we already have. You can still use them. The more options the better, in this case. Just my worthless opinion. I am more concerned about getting the zoom for the home screen, personally. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
The answer is simple… Just do what you would do in the studio and use the EQ (ie. on the strip) post the mic pre.

I haven’t found the need just yet.

Edit: I realize I often cheat by using instrument (and genre) specific EQs like Neutron4 or Fabfilter on the strip :openmouth:

college shake it off GIF by Tommy John

Last edited:
Whatever the difference is, the dynacab seems to allow me dialing a bit more gain without losing clarity. Having noiseless (Fishman) pickups and clean electricity in my current apartment (don't know if it is the right term to use, but I don't hear my too much interference from other electronical devices here), this is a bliss. No noise gate, no hi-lo cut, continuous and easy dialing... I like it :)

I'd appreciate if the final version had a Bogner 4x12, which was my fav cab before the beta. They seem to match greatly with the Mesa Mark series. In my head, that cab is the matching cab of those amps :)

To me the difference between both tone is huge, like switching from a telecaster to a Les Paul.

I don’t think that this is a “bug” . They just sound like that
Yes, definitely the difference is huge when you try the preset. You can turn up the mids from the preamp in the Cab Block, I just tried that and you can get closer to the legacy IR.
So don’t use the amp block for that, try the eq in the Cab Block. (I would assume that is what you would do for recordings to)
Dial in a amp sound, place the microphones and finally use the EQ)

Sometimes people (including me) forgot that the Axe is not a Amp Modeller, it’s a whole Studio in a Box and some functions are maybe made to use them like that.

Yo, lemme get that preset. lol

I’ll upload it tonight but it’s really nothing special, Dual Rec Red channel, Horizon Drive just boosting the level 50%, 2 Recto Straight cabs, 1 condenser, 1 ribbon, they both sounded fine right at the stock position, I barely even touched them! I spent more time downloading the ‘backing track’ than I did dialing it in and recording it!

I found a potential bug with the Looper. I recorded a pass and everything sounded fine. I trimmed the playback so I could just hear the last note without going through the full pass. Once I put the trim back to the start of the loop, I started getting crackles that wouldn't go away. I played my guitar and everything sounded normal again, but kept getting the crackles when I'd play the Looper. I rerecorded the part with the Looper and it was normal again, so I think it has to do with the Trim feature. It's not a dealbreaker, but thought it was worth mentioning. Here's a clip.

O/T:

In 4th grade, my best friend and I used to dumpster dive our local strip mall RadioShack.

We found a metal detector in the bin once that just had a broken battery wire. Soldered it up right quick. Took it out metal detecting and found two dollar bills within an hour!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom