Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.00 Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just upgraded - thankyou Fractal! - I do notice a bit of positive difference in tone/feel but won't try to describe it as my tinnitusy ears are not the best guide. Here's a before / after D/A chord through stock plexi treble though (preset,DI also attached - Guitar is Gibson SG - Bridge 498T pup):

Attachments

• FW19.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
So this is my 1st Fractal, I had axe8 for 2 weeks so that really doesn't count:) Is this the norm for updates? Not looking a gift horse in the mouth as they say, but I'm still so digging Cygnus. Thanks!!! This is very satisfying to say the least. Thank you for your continued work and dedication, it's really nice to have this in today's world.

Ha !
Not dreaming so .
Yes Marshall and vox . They don’t have the mojo like before . If someone else feel it. Say it . As we know, sometimes is just ear fatigue or you don’t remember the sound etc but normally I m more convinced than that with the Marshall . Specially the 800 . The jvm don’t sound bad
I noticed it, posted about it in Beta 1 or 2

Is this the norm for updates?
Not really. This is the conjunction of the three systems' updates intersecting. Usually one of them will have a beta cycle going, then a few weeks of quiet then another will have something.

To get an idea of the releases you can look at http://archive.axefx.fr in the individual modeler "Firmwares" directories and look at the dates when they were released. Between the FM3, FM9 and FX3 they're a busy little company.

I have now switched between Beta2 and Beta3 several times and compared the factory presets.

For me, the amps and effects in Beta2 sound more realistic, react more directly to the play of the strings.
Stick to the strings without acknowledging this with only more volume.
The strings separation is clearer, with more harmonics. especially for the low strings.
The balance between effect and amp sound is more balanced, sounds more harmonic. It also sounds a little more like amp in the room.
A singing of the strings with feedback can also be created nicely with room volume.

In Beta3 this is more restrained and goes more in the direction of FW 18.3

I have now switched between Beta2 and Beta3 several times and compared the factory presets.

For me, the amps and effects in Beta2 sound more realistic, react more directly to the play of the strings.
Stick to the strings without acknowledging this with only more volume.
The strings separation is clearer, with more harmonics. especially for the low strings.
The balance between effect and amp sound is more balanced, sounds more harmonic. It also sounds a little more like amp in the room.
A singing of the strings with feedback can also be created nicely with room volume.

In Beta3 this is more restrained and goes more in the direction of FW 18.3
You realize there were no changes to the amp modeling between Beta 2 and Beta 3, right?

You realize there were no changes to the amp modeling between Beta 2 and Beta 3, right?
Yes, that's why I also changed the FW several times in a row. And focused on certain presets and scenes. The playback volume FRFR and listening position was identical. I will list the presets and scenes later and describe where I perceive the differences.

Yes, that's why I also changed the FW several times in a row. And focused on certain presets and scenes. The playback volume FRFR and listening position was identical. I will list the presets and scenes later and describe where I perceive the differences.
It's code. The sound doesn't change if the code hasn't changed.

The only changes in Beta 3 were bug fixes to the Megatap block and a wrong value in the DS1 models.

The power of suggestion when it comes to hearing is well documented. That's why I don't rely on opinion, including my own, when evaluating algorithms. I rely on the math, measurements and blind A-B tests.

It's code. The sound doesn't change if the code hasn't changed.

The only changes in Beta 3 were bug fixes to the Megatap block and a wrong value in the DS1 models.

The power of suggestion when it comes to hearing is well documented. That's why I don't rely on opinion, including my own, when evaluating algorithms. I rely on the math, measurements and blind A-B tests.
I understand that well and is also the right approach,

I think the best thing to do when you feel a difference in Firmware is just to record a straight track of your dry guitar signal and play it back through the same preset(s) in different firmware, recording the results. Then you'll be able to see any differences with no doubt.

I had a car in a very dry climate, and I always thought the sound system was garbage, just totally awful, then I drove on a road trip to a very hot, humid area and found that, with no changes in settings, it started sounding fine! My conclusion is that humidity can make stuff sound awesome. This is my BS theory, completely unsubstantiated, but by that logic, if you can make a recording that sounds awesome in the desert, it'll sound awesome everywhere else haha.

Another great
My conclusion is that humidity can make stuff sound awesome.

Haha! I have the same theory, because it is true. :)

Sound travels through the air and relative humidity makes an impact on
that sound as it travels to us.

I wouldn't say more humid air sounds better than less humid air, though. I
would argue that those two environments definitely impact how we hear
something in very different ways. :)

Another great

Haha! I have the same theory, because it is true. :)

Sound travels through the air and relative humidity makes an impact on
that sound as it travels to us.

I wouldn't say more humid air sounds better than less humid air, though. I
would argue that those two environments definitely impact how we hear
something in very different ways. :)

People thought Vai was just being a primadonna for sticking a fan in front of his pedalboard to blow his hair back, but in reality, he was just pushing humidity out of the way to get a better tone in his ears. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom