Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.00 Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another comparison between 18.02 and 19.03, this time some cleaner stuff and in two separate tracks so you can go back and forth. First is FW18.02, then below, FW19.03. Recorded USB straight into Logic, with no post processing.

Pardon the sloppiness... had a bike (cycling) wreck back in October and my hands still aren't 100%.

Nice! Seems like the mids are a bit more pronounced and an increased string attack.

It seems some folks are seeing lower CPU usage on 19 while others not so much.

Anyone care to do a more systematic comparison of CPU impact between 18 and 19b3 with just IN -> 1-2 AMPs -> OUT in the grid?

Anyone care to do a more systematic comparison of CPU impact between 18 and 19b3 with just IN -> 1-2 AMPs -> OUT in the grid?
There shouldn't be much, if any, improvement in CPU usage. The changes were primarily to the amp block which runs on its own core and is not reflected in the CPU meter.

We are always making improvements so there may be some minor improvement in overall CPU usage but I wouldn't count on it.

I noted a 4-6% decrease in 19.02 yesterday using only two Matchless EF86 amps and 4 cab IR's (one cab block). That preset was running about 32-34% in 18.02 and dropped to 29-30% in 19.02.

I guess not technically 4-6%, but 2-4% for sure.

There shouldn't be much, if any, improvement in CPU usage. The changes were primarily to the amp block which runs on its own core and is not reflected in the CPU meter.

We are always making improvements so there may be some minor improvement in overall CPU usage but I wouldn't count on it.
I suspected so but seems users are seeing improvement... unless 18 had a bump up in CPU for some reason?

Alternatively is there any amp-related overhead on the main processor that could explain what people are seeing?

Or it's all just fluctuations in CPU?

No changes on my main presets with ODS-100, Friedman and JP-2C

The same with my Mark V.
They should model the “ploc”, too! 😅

Time for a new post in the wishlist section. 😂
All the rectos , roadking roadster …. I used to change channels in bypass mode before playing, then You don’t have it . This is the first thing I do with these amps : power on, changing channels, turn the bypass on . Some say it’s the foot switch some say bla-bla-bla . In the end I never know . So imagine spending 3000 here in Europe and having a “Klong” first .
And I m not talking about the feedback return of the reverb when you switch channel .
But for the rest, it kick ass .
I ve played more with my head in Christmas days , and the sound is there

ok ok here is my feedback for the beta 3 ! (tested 150 presets , almost all amps )

1/ the trebles are more friendly sounding in most of the amps , less "synthetic" , this is the best point of this update .
Things sounds better in high gain , nice bass too

2/ no need to re leveling ! except the 5150 and 2/3 others presets (maybe that were already not perfectly levelled) , all the level are the same than in the 18.03 globally

3/ the marshall are sounding ... special . Dont know if it s me or , but I prefer the sound they had before the update . less grain

4/ same for the vox combos

for the rest, zero bug or weird things, everything work as before, until now .
Agree on #3. Everything else sounds killer!! My Marshall patches lost the sizzle and sparkle though. Dunno what it is. But dang the cleans on the fenders sound fatter to me!

Agree on #3. Everything else sounds killer!! My Marshall patches lost the sizzle and sparkle though. Dunno what it is. But dang the cleans on the fenders sound fatter to me!
Ha !
Not dreaming so .
Yes Marshall and vox . They don’t have the mojo like before . If someone else feel it. Say it . As we know, sometimes is just ear fatigue or you don’t remember the sound etc but normally I m more convinced than that with the Marshall . Specially the 800 . The jvm don’t sound bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom