Axe FX III edited light

krash73

Inspired
Does anyone have the problem with the edited light always staying on? Just noticed it today, I can power down and change preset and with out doing any edits the edited light stays on.

What about this setting? Not sure how long you've had your Axe Fx III so you might have to read back thru older firmware release notes to understand what this means...

574A116D-361E-4DD6-9226-CA972C5B5ABB.jpeg

Think I found the answer in the 20.02 thread. If I save preset the edited goes away. Is there a quicker way besides going one by one? Mine III is a turbo and new, it came with 20.04.

Hi @krash73 ,
Have you tried saving the preset and then selecting another preset, then moving back to the original? It's possible you've updated the firmware at some stage and some parameters were changed during the update, and the presets therefore need to be changed.

[edit] ah I see you found it! good on ya.
Thanks
Pauly

When axe boots up it stays on, I can even change presets and it stays on. This is with no editing.

Think I found the answer in the 20.02 thread. If I save preset the edited goes away. Is there a quicker way besides going one by one? Mine III is a turbo and new, it came with 20.04.
What was the answer?

I think there's an option in the editor to save all presets but I don't remember for sure...

I don't know what caused it, mine was new and came with newest firmware. I wonder if it happened when I hooked up and used Axe edit.

It's from the 20.02 release:

Existing presets are automatically updated to use the updated curves if “Update Pre-20.02 Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load” is set to YES.

On load, the preset's speaker impedence curves in the AMP blocks are adjusted to match 20.02 settings if they are set to pre-20.02 settings. This will cause the edit light to be lit. If you save the preset with the new curves, this will not happen on preset load any more.

The factory presets currently in circulation were made with 19.04 so they all get this on-load update when you use them.

It's from the 20.02 release:

On load, the preset's speaker impedence curves in the AMP blocks are adjusted to match 20.02 settings if they are set to pre-20.02 settings. This will cause the edit light to be lit. If you save the preset with the new curves, this will not happen on preset load any more.

The factory presets currently in circulation were made with 19.04 so they all get this on-load update when you use them.
Bingo. I think that’s exactly what I’m seeing.

thx !

Even though this thread has been cold for the last 11 months: is there a way to 'batch-save' all factory presets in order to update the speaker impedance, or do I have to go through them one by one?

Back
Top Bottom