Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Presets - Bank A Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
when you dont own a wha controller pedal, there is always the wha block active doing strange things in most of the presets .it is not possible to bypass the wha block by default ?

Instead of giving you the information you’re looking for, I’m going to rail on your being a Metallica/Dream Theater/Vai fan and not owning an expression pedal for wah. You heathen.

And I don’t want to hear some crap like, “I already own a wah.” because more is more.

when you dont own a wha controller pedal, there is always the wha block active doing strange things in most of the presets .it is not possible to bypass the wha block by default ?
Is there a chance you changed your External 1 pedal default value? I think the factory presets are usually hooked up to External 1 by default, and probably auto disable at either 0% or 100%.

Though I guess they should be off by default unless there's movement too. Maybe the mode needs to be updated to that, and the presets saved with it bypassed.

I never use a controller pedal with the axe yet, I have the fc12 and that's all . but serious question :

-the wha cannot be bypassed by default seriously ?
- is is because I have not the controller that the wha is already active and goes on and off alone ?
when you have a controller plugged the wha is disengaged in the preset so ?
Yes I like kirk hammett, but I dont play rythms with a wha yet lol , it s boring to remove the wha block in every presets . I dont think I am the only one to own a wha or to not use it at all

I never use a controller pedal with the axe yet, I have the fc12 and that's all . but serious question :

-the wha cannot be bypassed by default seriously ?
- is is because I have not the controller that the wha is already active and goes on and off alone ?
when you have a controller plugged the wha is disengaged in the preset so ?
Yes I like kirk hammett, but I dont play rythms with a wha yet lol , it s boring to remove the wha block in every presets . I dont think I am the only one to own a wha or to not use it at all

It’s been a long time since I’ve looked at stock presets, most of mine are deleted now, but if you open the Wah block, you can just right click on Control, set it to None and be done with it, or just delete the wah block. Not sure if there’s a one-size-fits-all solution.

Is there a chance you changed your External 1 pedal default value? I think the factory presets are usually hooked up to External 1 by default, and probably auto disable at either 0% or 100%.

Though I guess they should be off by default unless there's movement too. Maybe the mode needs to be updated to that, and the presets saved with it bypassed.
I never touch the settings of the pedals . I am actually messing with the menu, my pedal 1 and 2 are in "continuous" mode . for now I have touch nothing . but yes I have the wha block engaged in most of the factory preset doing a strange on and off ...

It’s been a long time since I’ve looked at stock presets, most of mine are deleted now, but if you open the Wah block, you can just right click on Control, set it to None and be done with it, or just delete the wah block. Not sure if there’s a one-size-fits-all solution.
but I imagine you can save your preset with the wha block bypassed and activate the wha block if needed while pressing the external pedal no ? the external pedal dont have a switch to activate the wha ? how do they works ?

Imagine a guy buying an axe fx, don’t having nothing more yet, trying the factory presets and see this : a clipping bypass button, a wha block possessed by the devil … 🤣 for me this block needs to be bypassed and saved bypassed like the phaser and the rest . (If you can activate it with the external pedal) .
I just say this for “you” hm .

Thanks so much!! Appreciate the hard work guys! I can't wait to try these 🤩
Recently with Cygnus i had nuked my presets and installed the factory presets and this is gold!
Yeah, bank A is where it's at indeed haha

OK, since we're talking about wahs, I just got my Axe-Fx III and I'm coming from FM3. On the FM3, the wah blocks are auto-engaged on many of the presets. But on those same presets on the Axe, they're not. Stupid question: how do I assign the controller to auto-engage?

OK, since we're talking about wahs, I just got my Axe-Fx III and I'm coming from FM3. On the FM3, the wah blocks are auto-engaged on many of the presets. But on those same presets on the Axe, they're not. Stupid question: how do I assign the controller to auto-engage?

Have you tried looking at the manual?
It is in a downloadable PDF at the fractal site. It’s a great read.👍

You can even searched by the term “auto-engage”!

Friends, Fans, and Forumites:

We've been going through the Axe-Fx III factory presets to revise them for Cygnus 16.01.

Here is Bank A for you, worked on by Cliff, myself, and other beta team members.

We consider this a "Release Candidate" so I thought I'd share it while I work on Banks B and C.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/16p0/Axe-Fx-III-bank-A-16p01.zip

Really excellent presets, def. overall improvement.

Should we report anything noteworthy here in this thread?

Imagine a guy buying an axe fx

Sometimes I'd rather not :tonguewink:

In seriousness, what you're seeing (I think) is the fact that that the way in the factory presets is controlled by Auto Engage. If you want to use a switch (which I think I hear you doing?) go into the MODIFIER for the wah and change AUTO ENGAGE to OFF.

To open the modifier on the hardware, navigate to the CONTROL parameter in the EDIT menu of the WAH block and press ENTER.
To open the modifier in Axe-Edit, right click the CONTROL parameter.

Great job with the presets. Imho its a must have for a lot of ppl, especially new owners and a very very important POS parameter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom